Does anyone on here have an original kay fuzz pedal?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by JUSS10, Apr 22, 2019.

1. JUSS10

JUSS10 TDPRI Member

So years ago I built a kay fuzz clone for a buddy with a hand etched surface mount PCB. I stuffed it in a gutted wah pedal and he has been using it for over 5 years now. Hes a big U2 fan and needed to play "elevation" with the pedal that the Edge used. Anyway, I had a few boards made up and always planned to build up a few pedals but never got around to it. Got married, bought a house, full time job, you know the drill.

Anyway, I found the boards the other day and got thinking it would be cool replicate the original pedal and shape. I am an industrial designer and work in a model shop of sorts and also have a lot of the gear at home. I have really gotten in to 3D printing in the last few years and have a few printers of my own. I was hoping that maybe some had an original kay fuzz tone that could take some photos of top, side, front with a ruler for scale. I would then model it up, 3D print the case and treddle and give it a go. I'd probably add a push button switch to turn it on and off and a few other updates but thought it would be cool to try.

I know its a long shot, and worse case I'll just look at pictures online and try and find a sense of scale that way but thought i would ask here since there is a DIY pedal forum.

Thanks!

Justin

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.