1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Does Anyone Know If Danocaster Is Still Taking Orders?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Superwh1t3y, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Superwh1t3y

Superwh1t3y TDPRI Member

I was curious about getting one built for me once I had the cash, but I hear he does and doesn't.

2. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Don't know if he is, but he's posted on FaceBook as recently as last Thursday....have you tried calling him? I would guess that you have....

RJ

3. Ira7

Ira7 Doctor of Teleocity

Pretty undisciplined kind of operation these days.

4. Timo

Timo Tele-Meister

I have a single cut from Dan-it's an amazing guitar and well worth the wait time.

5. HH1978

HH1978 TDPRI Member

I put my name on the waiting list in june, so I can say yes he's still taking orders. Waiting time is 9-12 months though.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Sometimes the would be customers, esp. those with no patience, are the undisciplined ones.

Jus' Sain'

:^

A guy who has been at this for a very long time, will need to pace himself. If he tries to work at the pace some people will set for them, he'll surely blow up....eventually. Nobody in their right mind was rushing Beethoven or Rembrandt or DaVinci.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  7. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Well, I sent a serious inquiry via email about a year ago, and never heard squat. Nice guitars, I hear, but I don't care to deal with people like that. I guess he knew that, so didn't bother to reply? :lol:

8. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've seen the Danocasters in photos but I always thought they were nice, somewhat expensive partscasters, much the same way I feel about Nash guitars. My question, and I have no dog in this discussion, would you place both Nash and Danocaster above the guitars finished and assembled at MJT?? Visually, at least in photos, they are all comparable, at least to my eye....what do you guys think....if anything, what sets these three builders apart?? Opinions matter....

RJ

moosie likes this.
  9. wahscoot

wahscoot Tele-Meister

Any update on Danocaster?

Are the comments for real? Anyone had recent good experiences?

10. FlatNine

FlatNine TDPRI Member

Dan was in the middle of a move, and may still not be settled in yet. He said his email connectivity is sparse but yes, he is still taking orders. Get on the list! I’m getting close to my turn!

11. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

It comes down to features, price and setup in the end. They are all essentially parts guitars that can be hit or miss. I have played CS teles that were great and some that were horrible but could probably be corrected with a better setup. I prefer MJT as it costs me a fraction of what the others are charging for the same thing in the end. There will always be a flavor of the month around here. It was Nash at one time, then Whitfill, then Revelator and so on and so on. There is no shortage of great telecaster builders and assemblers out there. Get an idea of what you are looking for and find the best way of getting it. The more expensive it is and what it says on the headstock mean nothing if you personally don't bond with the instrument.

FYI I built the Broadcaster in my avatar for $950. MJT body, Allparts aged nitro neck, aged Fender hardware and a set of Dawgtown A3 pickups (lap steel in the bridge). Amazing guitar that gives me exactly what I want. Is it better then a CS or a Danocaster or a Nash? It is for me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.