Does Anyone Know About These Guitars?

Josh Woah

TDPRI Member
I have been seeing these ads online for Mars guitars and was wondering what your opinions are. I'm a pretty experienced player but looking for a cool new guitar that has some killer pick-ups and a wide range of sound possibilities. With my research , I have come across the Mars Wildcat and it seems kinda nice. Any advice?

FunGuy Jim

TDPRI Member
I have been seeing these ads online for Mars guitars and was wondering what your opinions are. I'm a pretty experienced player but looking for a cool new guitar that has some killer pick-ups and a wide range of sound possibilities. With my research , I have come across the Mars Wildcat and it seems kinda nice. Any advice?
I have seen these around. They seem to be used more for hard rock and metal sound, but with the 2H and 1S Pickups they are rather versatile.

FunGuy Jim

TDPRI Member
Here is a demo of the pick-ups installed in the wildcat:

You can hear background noise in the clip, but it's good to know they didn't doctor the sound in anyway. I recognize the video graphics this was probably made with an iPhone.

Here's my thought (for what it's worth): If you are an experienced player this guitar might hold you back a little. The wildcat is a lower end guitar they produced as a more affordable option to the $1000+ guitars they normally manufacture. It's probably a great gem to add to your collection, but I think if you can step-up to a higher level Mars guitar - you will notice a big difference in the sound and response.

Josh Woah

TDPRI Member
You can hear background noise in the clip, but it's good to know they didn't doctor the sound in anyway. I recognize the video graphics this was probably made with an iPhone.

Here's my thought (for what it's worth): If you are an experienced player this guitar might hold you back a little. The wildcat is a lower end guitar they produced as a more affordable option to the $1000+ guitars they normally manufacture. It's probably a great gem to add to your collection, but I think if you can step-up to a higher level Mars guitar - you will notice a big difference in the sound and response.
Right on. The price point is rather low on this particular model. But I think I'm going to give it a go. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the info I feel like I can make a more informed decision now.

Guitarworld

TDPRI Member
Yo! This is actually a pretty cool little guitar. I purchased one about a year ago from a local music shop and it is one of my main gigging guitars. The shop had a direct relationship with the guitar manufacture and was able to custom order in one for me. I didn't purchase the Wildcat, I purchased a Custom Flex BB-9 model. But as a guitar company, they are nice. And very exclusive. They don't produce these often. Something to do with the wood and how long it takes to age. They tend to come out with models once every couple of years, or so. Anyways, if they are in production again I would grab one before it's gone.

P.S. What market are you in?