1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Does anyone have worse luck?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tatercaster, Dec 24, 2013.

1. babalooga

babalooga Tele-Holic

You guys make me feel very fortunate when I hear your stories about your wimmens. I'm married 39 years and I can't imagine life any other way. I'm happily married cause she said so :p, just kidding. It takes two to make a marriage work, and it involves a lot of give and take.

Sorry to hear about your problem Tater, sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on, remember, when one door closes another door opens.

2. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Good points. We're only in the 24 year together but I see we have acceptance of each other not present in a lot of relationships, and we work at keeping the relationship and family functional in ways I don't see happening with some close to us. It shows in their divorce rate or unhappiness.

For Tater, if not move on, work at it, and go for look in the mirror honesty. We don't have any problems over amps, money, a lot of things because we're up front, and don't spend a penny if it's outside of common sense. Sure, it meant I got the gear I wanted at age 47, but family and stability are worth so much more.

I'm hoping you're really just giving us a get it off the chest rant. Sorry to sound flippant, but "worse luck" has a hard time registering with what's been said here. I'm around people that really do have some tough luck right now such as terminal illness and lost their sight (blind). Be inspired by these people with serious problems and no easy way out who are going on with grace and a surprising level of optimism.

Try this wisdom that came from my mother when my dad died at a young age and our business was failing as a result. In a tough time when my mother could have lost it she told us "Look in the mirror, put on a smile and get to work.". That is not how I'm naturally wired but was one of the best lessons I ever had. It's what I try when I feel things are not going so well.

Now, good luck!

3. piece of ash

piece of ash Friend of Leo's

Don't lose sight of the fact that a complaining, irrational person is one of the easiest things in life to replace...

4. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

I am not saying that this is Taters situation... but...

I have seen that happen to several guys that married a non resident or imported a bride ... a year or two after citizenship is permanent the guy gets taken to the cleaners. Happened to my neighbor years ago with an Asian import bride.

5. Tatercaster

Tatercaster Friend of Leo's

Things are improving. Yeah, I went overboard with the "worst luck" statement. At least I have my health, and the love of my kids.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.