1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Does anyone have more than one of exactly the same Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by philta, Apr 15, 2021.

1. philta

philta TDPRI Member

Do any of you have more than one of exactly the same Tele - same neck, frets, pickups etc
    I found a Tele thinline that is perfect for me but discontinued. I now have three but they are different colours, and unfortunately had to sell off a few to finance them.
    This was done over a period of a year.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

None exactly the same.
    Several Esquires but all have a little bit different sound.
    Necks and frets SHOULD be (as close as possible to) the same though, once we know what we prefer there's no advantage to different size necks and different size frets.

Four identical Thinlines?
    Better than smoking crack!

philta and El Tele Lobo like this.
  3. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I have 3 ASAT specials which are basically same spec. All sound and feel different though!

philta likes this.
  4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've got seven Desert Sand Classic Player Bajas, and they're supposed to be identical but they have, on occasion, different tendencies, and they don't all weigh the same and I let the guitar decide how it wants to be set up - I don't force X amount of relief on it if it plays nice as it is, and I'll change string gauges (to some degree) if the guitar responds well, going in that direction. So, the pickup heights are not perfectly the same - etc.

And I've got eight of these clear ash bodied AV52 variants that FMIC did for the 2006 Anniversary year, the ones with the No-Caster pickups and the five wood species inlay into the ash body. Each clear finish is unique, of course. One is 3 pieces and the other seven are center join. Ditto on the remarks on the Baja.

I like the idea of a really serious challenge, to distinguish one guitar from another as it is played. Some days, all Teles are the same it seems but on special days, you can tell some pretty nuanced things about one guitar as compared to another - and you cannot do this if you don't do multiples.

philta likes this.
  5. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

I have 2 /52/RI/s , an 88 and an 89. The 88 is perhaps original, never leaves the house. The 89 has been my gig guitar for over 20 years. It has new pots, new NUT, new switch, new brass saddles and the 3rd set of pups ! So they are no longer identical ! But they look the same ! :)

philta likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.