Does anyone else spend their whole work day daydreaming about their guitars

Beachbum

Poster Extraordinaire
Nope only half the day. The other half is spent thinking about my amps and recording gear. I'm retired as well and even worse sometimes I just sit there and stare fondly at them.:)

Last edited:

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
IMG_1499.GIF

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
None of my business, GS, so don't reply if you don't want to, but have you been paying into Social Security all these years? I know the benefits may not be a lot, but I find it surprising how little it really costs to live in retirement. My house is paid for, I don't care to travel, my gear needs are now VERY modest, and I still help my daughter and grandson a bit, but (knock wood) I'm comfortable. Like they say, the best time to start saving for retirement was thirty years ago......but if not then, start NOW. If not that, invent a time machine and go back to 1960 and bring back a bunch of Les Pauls and Blackguard Teles.....;)

I paid into SS anytime I worked. Regular job. Unfortunately those times have been few and far between. I’ve mostly just been a musician. The other half of that is that I have zero faith that there will be anything left there by the time I really need it, anyhow. I have a pretty bad feeling that most people paying into it now are never gonna see it.

Last edited:

CajunJ

Tele-Holic
Used to. Now it’s pianos. But more music in general instead of being obsessed with the instrument.

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Been work at home throughout this whole thing and looks like that may get extended indefinitely.

I haven’t had to miss my guitars during the day at all!

Last edited:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I paid into SS anytime I worked. Regular job. Unfortunately those times have been few and far between. I’ve mostly just been a musician. The other half of that is that I don’t have zero faith that there will be anything left there by the time I really need it, anyhow. I have a pretty bad feeling that most people paying into it now are never gonna see it.
Gotcha!......when I was a "self-employed" neon glassblower, I was always diligent about paying taxes and SS.....a lot of guys weren't and will end up with little to nothing. My former bass player's brother has always been a musician, and apparently never held a "real" job. He's approaching sixty or so, and isn't "in the system" at all.....never paid taxes or anything. Don't know what he will do when "that" day comes.
As to whether Social Security will be there when you need it.....people were saying that when I was in my twenties for my generation.....and yet it's still here. I understand the pessimism, but I seriously doubt that can happen. Yeah, I hear all the doom and gloom statistics, but, without broaching forbidden subjects, I'll just say I don't believe it will be allowed to happen. Good luck, though! ;)

nicknklv

Tele-Holic
The thing is... I'm a naughty boy. I don't just dream of my guitars, I dream of others, too. And then amps, and occasionally pedals. And not playing my own guitars triggers the GAS that consistently drains my bank account. :confused:

stonetone7

Tele-Holic
No, not really, when I’m at work I need focus and situational awareness.

Sometimes during the work day I’ll get an ear worm from a song a don’t know. Then I’ll spend a while after work trying to work it out on the acoustic before inevitably passing out in the recliner.