Does anyone else dilute their coke with water?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by offsideref, Apr 13, 2021.

1. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

My daughter told me few people she met in Chile actually drank wine (and the good wine is all exported) but, yes, when they did, they drank wine mixed with cola :eek:

offsideref likes this.
  2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

Unapologetically I drink Diet Coke

more than I should, I know

and I actually ask for extra ice as I'm an ice eater too!
    On the road if I'm all out of coke and I still have ice then I will pour water from my water bottle into my soda cup with the leftover ice
    I'm pretty much drinking something 24/7 a lot of water

offsideref and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

Did she enjoy the mixture?

4. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Friend of Leo's

« After a few glasses »... you can consider yourself lucky. I tend more towards « after a few sips ».

offsideref and unixfish like this.
  5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Hated it. She saw a lot of this one (wine & ice cream!)

Terremoto is a traditional Chilean cocktail created at the end of the 20th century. It can be recognized as a derivative of punch to the Roman style. The name, which literally means earthquake, is due to the fact that it was invented after the 1985 earthquake in Chile. Although its origin is not confirmed and many claim its creation, this drink has been widely popularized in Chilean popular culture by the bars La Piojera, Rincón de los canallas, and El Hoyo.

The drink is mainly made up of white Pipeño wine or non-denominated white wine (generic wine of any strain), pineapple ice cream and grenadine. In its traditional presentation (a 400 ml glass approximately) it has the name terremoto (earthquake). A half-size terremoto served after the first is sometimes referred to as an aftershock.[1] The large jug is popularly known as Cataclismo, the small glass repetition is known as Réplica and the small glass before (or if it is the only one) is known as Temblor

6. lathoto

lathoto Tele-Meister

In the "Old Nashville" they would always buy your best songs cheap. In the "New Nashville" your songwriting credits get so diluted it feels like you got robbed.

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I think a Coke should be formulated so it can tolerate a lot of ice, and optionally also liquor, and if it cannot do these things it is too weak.

The idea, IMO is to drink the resulting beverage slowly. If you need to drink something fast, make it iced tea, water, or beer.

I can't drink Diet Coke or Coke Zero without monkeying with it, anymore. Usually add cranberry juice, grape juice or similar. It is the last beverage still in the house when everything else is gone.

offsideref likes this.
  8. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

When I was younger I diluted mine with rum or bourbon.

offsideref likes this.
  9. ataylor

ataylor Tele-Meister

I don’t always drink Coca-Cola, but when I do, I prefer it straight from a glass bottle, imported from Mexico.

10. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've done that, and I can feel the residue etching away at my teeth within moments.

Same thing happens with the Throwback versions of Pepsi and Mountain Dew.

offsideref likes this.
  11. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Afflicted

Assuming you mean Coca-Cola; I drink RC Cola; put in a few salted peanuts or just a dab of salt, at 1:45:

tanplastic, offsideref and getbent like this.
  12. johnDH

johnDH Tele-Meister

diluting coke with water, or with whiskey, is a waste of water or a waste of whiskey

offsideref likes this.
  13. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

My son, who LOVES Latino food (me too) often buys little Mexican Coke bottles ( with cane sugar) to go with the food.
    Sadly, as a Diet-only soda drinker, I can't enjoy the experience!

* it's not because of the sugar content, my palate just hates the taste of regular ( not diet) soda now

offsideref and ataylor like this.
  14. offsideref

offsideref Tele-Meister

My mum’s family were Eastenders who got moved out to ‘Ainault, dad’s family were from Glasgow - I used to love the holidays we spent down south! Granddad told us that there was a traditional London beer that was really low in alcohol - can’t remember its name - but folk drank loads of it for exactly the reason you said, the tapwater wasn’t very nice! (Even the milk tasted a wee bit different). Then dad would wind up my mum’s brothers by saying, “Drinking this beer reminds me of making love in a canoe. Because it’s f***ing near water.” Aye, the old ones are the best?

15. offsideref

offsideref Tele-Meister

I think in this respect the old adage is true: the dose makes the poison.

16. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

If I was really thirsty, or even a little bit thirsty, I wouldn't be drinking soda in the first place. Drink water or iced tea - something with no sugar.

offsideref likes this.
  17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

the voice of reason.

offsideref and ataylor like this.
  18. offsideref

offsideref Tele-Meister

Oh I’ve just remembered something. With a bit of practice, it’s quite easy to put half a pint of (clear) lemonade in the bottom of a pint glass, then slowly pour draught Guinness on the top (hold the glass at an angle and pour it down the side, from as close to the surface of the lemonade as you can get, without the nozzle touching it). Get it right, and you can give the customer a drink that is totally transparent in the bottom half, with a separate layer of totally black Guinness floating on top. I used to quite like it in a hot summer, but you wouldn’t want to drink more than one pint of it in one sesh.
    You can do the same trick with fizzy white wine at the bottom, or champers if the customer really wants it.

19. ataylor

ataylor Tele-Meister

Elaborating more on my previous post — I'll rank the top five ways to drink Coca-Cola (on it's own — I don't drink so I won't pretend to know where it's best mixed):

1 — from a bottle, Mexican-imported
    This is, in my opinion obviously, the definitive Coca-Cola and it's a long way to number two. There's simply no beating the visual and tactile experience of the iconic glass bottle and the taste of the more pure recipe with the cane sugar.

2 — from McDonalds, with ice
    McD's goes to great lengths to make sure they have great Coca-Cola on tap. Supposedly it's not the formula of the syrup, but the way they store and serve the Coke that goes above and beyond other restaurants and anywhere else you're getting soda from a machine. I read that they store it at a much colder temperature and use special tubing so that they can more consistently deliver a great Coke from franchise to franchise.

3 — from a 12 ounce can, but only if it's very cold
    Like, the can should be so cold it almost feels like it came out of the freezer (but don't do that). You get the aural and tactile sensation of the can being opened (obviously not unique to a can of Coke), and it's great either straight from the can or into a glass with ice.

4 — on a plane
    There's something about being given an insultingly small amount of Coca-Cola in a little plastic cup that requires one to enjoy it more than they would otherwise. This still applies if you're on an airline that just gives you the can, because Coke still tastes just a little better at cruising altitude than it does on the ground.

5 — on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a tall cup or mug
    Yeah, I said on its own, but I changed my mind. I'll still take a root beer float more often than not, but a Coke float is good too.

offsideref likes this.
  20. offsideref

offsideref Tele-Meister

I love weizenbier, but I really love Kriek.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.