does any one have a clear picture of the o/p section of a princeton reverb ?

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I got a '68 princeton reverb RI to remove a badly done mod :
the ownwer had some unwitting person install a 8ohm/16 ohm switch on the back of the amp ( see photo)
I took out the mod but there is potenially a few issues there , How ever to reverse the mod I want to follow fenders protocal for wiring , and I cant seem to find a decent photo to put this back to factory spec. I can wire it but it wont be factory , plus the guy who did the mod shorted the main output to ground ,

I want to get this as close to factory as I can , the pictorial is conveluted the schematics are OK
but I want to put this back properly

BTW the red wire on the switch and the green trnsformer wire were not soldered into place, even with the blobs shown these wires were loose under all that lead and tin.

If you have a clear pic pleas send it to me , thanks

P1010002.JPG

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
thank you,
its the part behind the paper shield in picture 2 that I need a close up on to see how fender soldered the jacks to the output transformer I get the black is ground , the green and grey are + , this guy who did this mod buggered up the internal jack so that it shorted to ground as soon as something was plugged into it .
but I was hoping to get a close up of fenders methodology from the factory

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I found this on a bing searchI think it's the custom deluxe:

beautiful , and thank you ,
that is exactly what i did and it worked, the pic just reconfirmed what I thought , the guy had the switch contact on the internal spker short to ground and wondered why the volume went down the toilet
that and he added an 8 ohm resister , badly soldered .I was afraid he had blown out the output transformer with this mess he created . thank you again