Does any body here Grind?

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I'm not trying to start any trouble or cause a fight, I was just wondering if there were any players here that dabble or pursue , Grind Core , Sludge, Melvins, Flipper?

erratick

Tele-Holic
I always associated the word Grindcore with Napalm Death and the descendents of that line.

Flipper to me was hardcore or proto-grunge. Melvins- definitely proto-grunge/grunge/ or maybe sludge.

Is there some new meaning or is there a band Grind core that I'm not aware of?

Not trying to start a fight, just trying to get my musicology right. I mean- I've seen Napalm Death and the Melvins at different times and they are definitely both great, but not really overlapping genre wise to me. I don't remember seeing Flipper.

bender66

Poster Extraordinaire
Melvins was the last live show I went to Feb '20.
Grind on my board too.
20200217_220119.jpg
20200217_220203.jpg
20200217_222128.jpg
20200217_215956.jpg

Attachments

• 20200217_221559.jpg
    20200217_221559.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 47

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I always associated the word Grindcore with Napalm Death and the descendents of that line.

Flipper to me was hardcore or proto-grunge. Melvins- definitely proto-grunge/grunge/ or maybe sludge.

Is there some new meaning or is there a band Grind core that I'm not aware of?

Not trying to start a fight, just trying to get my musicology right. I mean- I've seen Napalm Death and the Melvins at different times and they are definitely both great, but not really overlapping genre wise to me. I don't remember seeing Flipper.

I sorry if I got the clearly defined genres confused .
you win, please put down the tweezers.

images (6).jpg

Doomguy

Tele-Meister
Love Melvins, love sludge in the vein of Eyehategod, Grief, Fistula, etc. But I find grind on its own boring. I can get into some deathgrind like Full of Hell, Caustic Wound, Gravesend, and Jarhead Fertilizer though.

If I'm going to listen to/play fast, punishing music it's going to be war/bestial black metal. I like the evil vibe a lot more than the vibe I get from grind.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I don't play Grind myself. I flirted with it during the early 90's through From Enslavement to Obliteration by Napalm Death and then the two first Carcass albums and of course early Xysma(Swarming of the Maggots & Above the Mind of Morbidity), but that's about it. I kept listening to less grindy stuff, but I retained an appreciation for a good blastbeat and fuzzed out bass. People = Ships [EDITED FOR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS] by Slipknot has an excellent blastbeat during the intro. Sadly it devolves into something less soon afterwards.

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
No. I think? My last show was Slayer’s retirement tour in GR. Great show but I was disappointed that Anthrax and Testament were openers for Lamb if god. They are awesome but I’m a lifer Anthrax man other than that 20 year detour through church. Never really been into Slayer but I was shown why they’re in the Top 4 that night. Testament was amazing as well. Got to see them with Skolnick so that was cool. I dig metal but probably not grind or beastial(?). I’m more of a Thrash man.

Buell

Tele-Meister
I listen to all types of rock-n-roll. Not sure I care for genre classes, to be honest. I like a lot of the Melvins work and same with Flipper. I just considered them rock, just like everything else I listen to.