Does a Carbon Copy work well on a solid state amp?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Gmountain, Sep 22, 2018.

1. JDB2

JDB2 Tele-Meister

Yeah, my apologies, I think it just bothers me that Joyo markets a digital delay pedal as analog by calling it "Analog Delay." It is misleading to the consumer who thinks he is getting something he isn't. At least Brian Wampler had the integrity to call his similar pedal the "FAUX Analog Echo" and he's taken a little internet heat for that, too.

You really have to read the fine print to understand the Joyo is "simulated analog delay": https://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy/joyo-jf33-analog-delay-classic-delay-with-true-byp/12373

It may be a great pedal, particularly for the price, with a nice warm sound that many people may be very happy with, and for that its great, some people might even like it better than an analog delay, but a PT2399 is not and does not sound identical to a bucket brigade analog delay.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Special Tom

Special Tom Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I have 4 of these Marshalls. All but one sound good with my Partscaster Tele. It needs a little work, but for the price, why bother.

3. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I have a CC I've used with an old Peavey Bandit as well and it does it's thing. Actually my Bandit is old enough to have the long spring tank and with the CC I get a pretty good slap back.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.