1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

DOD Rubberneck for $120 at ProAudioStar (as of Apr 16)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by telel6s, Apr 16, 2020.

1. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

Just got a facebook ad that ProAudioStar is selling the Rubberneck Delay for $120. Mine has been ordered. :D

https://www.proaudiostar.com/dod-rubberneck-analog-delay-with-tap-tempo.html

I've been a happy Carbon Copy user pretty much since they were introduced with one exception: it takes removing four screws and using a small screwdriver to adjust the modulation depth and rate. To me, that really limits the usefulness of the modulation.

So the Rubberneck has top mounted knobs for modulation, plus other additional features such as tap tempo, tone, gain and even an effects loop. Based on video demos, I'm not sure I'll ever use the rubberneck feature. But the regen footswitch sounds cool to me.

I think the effects loop will be fun to play with. I do a lot of acoustic playing where I am the only instrument (solo and with a vocal trio). One issue I have with effects is that they overpower the original acoustic signal. With the effects loop I'm thinking I could put a heavier chorus/vibe/trem/envelope filter in the loop but keep the initial acoustic sound intact. Looking forward to experimenting with that. My reverb pedal also has a reverse function that could be cool in a trippy sort of way.

I read several reviews that said the repeats get noisy at longer time settings, but I'm not too concerned since I rarely use long delays. On the Carbon Copy, I don't think I put the knob past two o'clock and it has shorter total time than the Rubberneck.

Anyhow, just thought I'd pass on the sale info.

[​IMG]

2. Maroonandwhite

Maroonandwhite Tele-Meister

Just ordered mine last night. I’m excited to run it alongside my carbon copy deluxe. I’m quickly becoming a delay nerd.

BorderRadio and telel6s like this.
  3. basher

basher Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I got mine on Saturday. Excellent pedal. It's a really nice-sounding analog delay even without all the bells and whistles, but it can also take you to some pretty wacky places. It's booted the Canyon off my board, at least for now.

telel6s likes this.
  4. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to try one at this price.

5. nic'o'caster

nic'o'caster Tele-Afflicted

Too bad they don't sell overseas :cry:

6. erratick

erratick Tele-Holic

I have one. It's great. Tap tempo and analog delay. Yeah the longer times get pretty dark- it's analog- but the longer times are longer than almost any other analog delay.

Does tap ratio- so if you want to do dotted eight delay tricks- it's easy.

Also- self oscillating is easy. The rubberneck button is kind of a gimmick, but kinda fun.

I got mine used for that- plus shipping and handling. So this is a pretty strong deal.

Junco Partner likes this.
  7. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

Glad some other TDPRIers found it a good deal and took advantage of it. Mine showed up this weekend but I haven't plugged it in yet.

8. Maroonandwhite

Maroonandwhite Tele-Meister

I agree on the rubberneck. Not sure if I’ll find use in that function but cool to have. I’m excited about the regen hold function of the tap switch though. That’s a pretty handy feature in my eyes. Similar to the mash on my hall of fame 2.

erratick likes this.
  9. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Holic

I was always curious about the Rubberneck, I have the Digitech Obscura and it’s phenomenal. Tom Cram really knew how to design a great pedal.

Junco Partner and BorderRadio like this.
  10. erratick

erratick Tele-Holic

Didn't know anything about Tom Cram. I learned today. :)

OttoCorrect likes this.
  11. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Holic

His tenure at Digitech/DOD really resulted in a lot of great product. And he was very hands on with the online community in that time too. He’d always pop by TGP threads to answer questions about the pedals. Cool guy. His new venture is a little outside my price range, but I’m sure it’s great stuff and I wish him much success. He’s more than earned whatever fans he has.

erratick and Junco Partner like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.