Dod 210 Fet Preamp - Worth Modding?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Okieactor, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Okieactor

Okieactor Tele-Holic

I got a DOD 210 Fet Preamp boost pedal in a trade. It's an old orange box with DOD stampted into the metal and a black painted logo. I didn't even realize until I was there that these things have no led and no power jack- it's 9v battery only. So at that point I just accepted the trade, I can't remember what I traded for it, but it wasn't much.

I have an order on the way from guitar pedal parts, so I was going to be building a switchable buffer this month anyway. So I could just order some more parts and do this project on the same day as that project.

But in you all's, opinion:
    A) Is it a good enough boost to mod and keep (to me it sounds...okay. I have other boost options); and
    B) Is it probably worth more so it is, or with a switch, led, and jack for an adapter?

Thanks.

2. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

I did that to my old DOD 201 Phasor, but it had been through the wringer and back. The capacitors all needed to be replaced, so instead of reworking the old circuit I installed a GGG Phase 45 PCB instead. True bypass, with a standard power plug, I just drilled a hole for the the LED.
    If it was in pristine shape I wouldn't have done it, but I think it was with every guitarist in NE PA for at least a short time, and by the time I got it back years later it looked it. With the updated circuit I use it all the time.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.