1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Do you tend to think of yourself in terms of what you do for employment?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, May 24, 2016.

1. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

I used to moreso than I do now.

I am a creative director/strategist in the marketing world. I work for myself, working with clients and agencies both. I used to be all about the creative advertising world...nowadays not so much. It's not a bad way to make a living...but it's not who I am, really.

These days, I identify more as a husband and father first. Music nut and generally creative person second. Then stuff like work and whatever.

deytookerjaabs likes this.
  2. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

Absolutely think of myself in terms of employment.
    I worked as a professional in medical. You can not seperate YOU from the calling of the job.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah? so the sewer worker or the garbage collector, or, the conniving lawyer for that matter, ARE (no better than) what they DO?

4. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Car salesman. Have been for over thirty years. I don't let it define me. I don't even like cars that much. I do like people though. It gets me high when I can make someone's day by putting a deal together so they can drive away in the car of their dreams. One of the best things about my career is that my skills are highly portable. I can go anywhere and be unemployed for about 15 minutes.

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I've always thought everyone should try sales at some point to see if they are any good at it, because there's a killing to be made if you have a knack (and the heart) for it

Personally I have zero use for salesfolk, I don't need the middleman to find what I want at the price that I want (no offense at all intended)

6. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

Im an autodidact that reads constantly; plays guitar (less) often as I can, builds computers, husband, runs a business, and sell cars. I am all of those things all of the time.

7. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

I think of myself in terms of my education, experience and skills but only because if I think of myself in terms of my job life looks very bleak ;)

8. Tele-Caster

Tele-Caster Tele-Holic

Fly fisher, upland game hunter, musician....

Used to see myself as a cyclist, too. Now? Eh.... Not so much... To much trouble seeing those special cleated cycling shoes below my ever-expanding gut.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.