Do you take steps to hide your age?

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
I must confess, there is no hiding my age.

I'll walk along on a city street, and catch a glimpse in the plate glass window reflection and think, "My God, who is that grey old man there??" And it's me of course.

Keeping eyebrows trimmed and a fairly short haircut is all a part of just not wanting to look like a slob.
(The older I get, the more I have to keep it short. To go about with long, unruly grey hair is an invitation to passersby putting money in my coffee cup, thinking I'm a homeless guy.)

And who needs that?
:cry:

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
It is too bad women and men can be held to different standards with age and so many women feel pressure on looks then can't help that most men don't have.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
I just go with what God gave me, and He's been kind: Most all of my hair, still the same color it's always been, weight is down around 40 lb. I tend to wear jeans with suspenders, cause when you're shaped like an egg, if I didn't, I'd be pulling my pants up all the time. Shirts in warm weather usually are worn over the suspenders. Bottom line, I'm 71 and happy to be here,

teleplayr

Friend of Leo's
I had a friend who accused me of coloring my hair. I don't, my dad's hair didn't start turning grey until he was in his 70's.

I told him that I didn't and that when it started turning grey that it would stay that way because I earned all that grey hair.

But I do trim my eyebrows and the dreaded ear hairs !

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I tried putting dye on my weird red/white/grey beard. I wanted everything to be a uniform brown. Instead, it looked like some form of wood fungus. I don't get it - - why are my eyebrows the right color? Anyway, the dye kit went in the trash.
Talk to a hair stylist who knows her stuff. Some folks get poor results with the "consumer level" product. But the professionals have better stuff, that works well and stays looking great.

Having said that, some beard hair just won't take color. But a lot more guys are coloring their beards than you might think. I first colored mine, in the late 1970s.

Last edited:

beep.click

Poster Extraordinaire
I can't be bothered. I have things to do, like roller skating and skateboarding. If someone doesn't like it, oh well.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Do I look like I take steps to hide my age?!?

1653053315652.jpeg

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I’m a man of convenience and Hawaiian shirts are my thing!
I keep my beard and hair short. I wait way to long to trim but when I do it’s #2 or shorter all over. Chicks dig grey. Roosters do too. ;D