Do you take steps to hide your age?

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
never been the age i am now, enjoying every minute, i do not want to be anything I am not ,
i regard this as my movie staring me and I wont know the outcome untill the credits roll , no fake acting!

Last edited:

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
For about a week I tried one of those dye products to reduce/remove the grey from my beard. I looked like a twisted cross between Guy Fawkes and Wolfman Jack. Nothing subtle about it, it was horrific.

And it was painful to see the astonishment in the faces of my 20/30-year-old coworkers. Mrs. Sparkle pleaded with me--never again. I readily agreed with her & have now fully embraced cootage.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
You, my friend, are the coolest cat on this whole forum. You play, you sing, and you look like a wise old Tele player.
iu

Well, gosh, thanks! But I also think that I'm living proof that "looks aren't everything."

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
I trim nose, ear and wild eyebrow hair, mainly because it annoys me.

Thanks to good genetics beyond my control, I have all the head hair and it is still dark. My Dad’s hair was salt-and-per when he died at 88. I’m just lucky with that.

No “ manscaping” or anything like that, and certainly no cosmetic surgery. The plastic surgery after extensive basal cell carcinoma surgery on my right cheek was enough. And it was necessary. 30 deep sutures plus 40 sutures on the surface skin. Not yet a year later, but the results were good. Thank heaven for Mederma scar gel.

Thoughtfree

Tele-Holic
30 years ago, the large manufacturing company I worked for hired a new CEO, a guy with a head of dark brown hair, untouched by gray. Within a few weeks of his hire, it all turned gray/white. I figured that once he got the job, he gave up the Clairol, not needing to simulate youth any more.

Andy B

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
At 71 I still have a full head of brown hair. My beard is white. Every year the grey gets closer to my hairline. My wife went grey years ago. She dyed her hair for years until one she decided never again.
These days neither one of us cares. Both retired, no one we need to impress.

kuch

Tele-Meister
I gotta admit, age 69, I clip my eyebrow hairs to a manageable level. If I let 'em go, they'd get so long I could comb them backwards over my head. Also, I clip those crazy hairs that grow out all over my ears. And protruding nose hairs.

And I exercise a lot, mainly to avoid having an overhanging stomach. No Hawaiian shirts for me; that's a sure sign of an extremely mature individual.

But for me, no more steps than these.

I see TV talking heads and politicians who I know are near my age, with thick hair, not a sign of gray. Always fake-looking.

And sometimes I'm tempted by a lower rhytidectomy, a/k/a neck lift. Average cost is $5774, per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. But jeez, who'd go under the knife unless it was life or death...

How about you other geezers, anything you do to hide or at least disguise your age? Thanks for any effective tactics...
Nope....

Retired. I work out 4-5 times a week, watch my diet, get yearly physicals, get my hair cut when it needs it, log on here to keep my mind sharp :0, take care of the cats, will get back into golf this summer-recovering from back surgery 1 year ago, play guitar when I feel like it, spend time with family and friends.....
I don't think I'm trying to hide anything.....

stephent2

Poster Extraordinaire
Folks are surprised when they find out I'm 71, it's so funny and slightly ironic. I've bought beer and liquor for myself and schoolmates when I was 15,.. it was a good sideline in high school, always had extra bucks on the weekends from the transactions.

I looked older then, look younger now. I'll take it.

But no, I don't hide my age but I do trim my ears,..

Last edited:

Lost_N_Austin

Friend of Leo's
I'm beginning to become concerned for my well-being. I turned 80 in March but I still manage to Keep on Keepin' on.

I still mow my own yards front and back with a walk behind gas lawn mower - although I did break down and buy a battery operated weed-eater to save my wrist from having to try to keep the pull start weed eaters running year to year. I need that wrist for working on guitars and playing like I can "Play" Guitar.

But what kind of bothers me is I keep getting these RING doorbell videos on my cell phone that show some old Fart hobbling out my front door headed to the Mailbox and returning back in the front door with a fist full of brochures from AAA, Life Insurance Companies, Senior Living Centers etc. The closer this dude gets to the camera lens, the scarier it gets.

I think I need a newer camera in the RING doorbell.

Lost_N_Austin