Do you take steps to hide your age?

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
I just keep my helmet on these days,then no one knows I've had loads of birthdays.

SVWZECQ.jpg

JoeZeppy412

NEW MEMBER!
I just turned 60, so I’m starting to feel a little self-conscious. I just pay more attention to dressing well, having a good in-style haircut, and not dressing in any stereotypical dad rock style. No new balance sneakers, no cargo shorts 😀. I wear jeans, a black button down shirt, and the sneaker/casual shoes that are in style these days. I used to try to hide my glasses by buying thin or frameless, and I realize the only people who do that are old people LOL. This time I leaned in and got some nice designer frames.

My biggest nod to vanity is using just for men shampoo in hair color, otherwise my hair is completely white. But I’ve been doing that off and on since I was in my 20s. I’m not trying to pass for 30, I just want to try and look like I have my **** together, I think in general people take you more seriously if you don’t look like you just walked in off the street.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
You guys know that at some point we will be embalmed to hide our age right ?
That’s what cremation is for

Maybe I’ll send my ashes to that place in the Netherlands that can turn them into diamonds!

Now that I think of it I think that’s what I’ll do with my beloved dachshund, I’ll have a “Lois diamond”!

Last edited:

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe I’ll send my ashes to that place in the Netherlands that can turn them into diamonds!

Now that I think of it I think that’s what I’ll do with my beloved dachshund, I’ll have a Lois diamond!
Before cremation, there will be probably an open casket ceremony. To make you look as good as you were before you kicked it. Then in the burner.

I think you can also have your ashes spread on vinyl wax, so that your friends can remember you when they spin your wax made out of ash.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire

Now that I think of it I think that’s what I’ll do with my beloved dachshund, I’ll have a “Lois diamond”!
Are you going to send your ashes to the netherlands if you are dead ? 🧛‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Before cremation, there will be probably an open casket ceremony. To make you look as good as you were before you kicked it. Then in the burner.

I think you can also have your ashes spread on vinyl wax, so that your friends can remember you when they spin your wax made out of ash.
Woe! I never heard the vinyl option

I’d like the 8 track option please….

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Woe! That is pricey

I think I’ll chose a more modest receptacle
I think you can get your ashes receptacles to grow into a tree.

edit which is pretty cool.

edit 2 still saving money to send my ashes in outer space. A bit more trash in there can't really make it worse.

CharlieO

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I just turned 70. I wouldn't say that I do anything to hide my age. I do trim my eyebrows and the hair that has started to grow on my ears, but that's just normal maintenance, isn't it? The thing that bugs me is guys who intentionally do things that make themselves look older. Both of my brothers have grown scraggly looking gray beards that definitely don't do anything positive for their appearance. I have known plenty of other guys who have done the same thing when they got to their '60s. Why? I don't get it. Do they think that they are hiding their wrinkled face? I don't really have anything against beards and I had one for a few years when I was younger. I sure wouldn't want to grow one now.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
This seems like a good idea to me:

Funny story. When my hairdresser was still cutting my hair (flat tops), he told me he had an article in the local newspaper saying he was cutting hair with a blow torch. Which was false, but the newspaper didn't get it.

On the things i have seen, i went into an african hair dresser parlor, because i thought they might have beer to sell. (doubled up as a shop ) They had root beer, i got 2 A and W root beer, while this hair dresser girl was burning the hair of the customer with a candle. I had never seen that before.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
Funny story. When my hairdresser was still cutting my hair (flat tops), he told me he had an article in the local newspaper saying he was cutting hair with a blow torch. Which was false, but the newspaper didn't get it.

On the things i have seen, i went into an african hair dresser parlor, because i thought they might have beer to sell. (doubled up as a shop ) They had root beer, i got 2 A and W root beer, while this hair dresser girl was burning the hair of the customer with a candle. I had never seen that before.

And since i am talking about it, this guy managed to cut a bit of an ear of one of his customer. And he once pointed a gun at me, pushing the trigger and telling me see ? the safety is on.

He once cleaned one of his guns, managed to shot himself through his hand. He went to the hospital, and the doctor asked him how he did it. He answered well i was running with a file, fell down and the file went in my hand.

The doctor said, yes, the bullet went right through. He had the bullet in a little container as a souvenir.

He is a good guy though, maybe not really on the sane side, but he would comb anyone's hair. I have seen skinheads, (not the good ones ), bums, regular guys 3 generations cutting their hair there, my dad went there. He also had a fridge full of beer and you could smoke inside, with them little ashtrays in the seats, playing rockabilly music.

another edit still. He had a fishing spot in a pond, he got tired of getting his fishing rod in the trees, so he cut them down. He then complained there was no more shadow where he fished.

We all know a character such as this, they go from crazy to crazyer every time you see them.

Last edited:

msalama

Tele-Holic
No. I take steps to show my age by taking ugly selfies, because nature doesn't allow otherwise. Although the situation wasn't much better when I was younger either, it has to be said :D

Last edited: