Do you take steps to hide your age?

Thoughtfree

Tele-Holic
I gotta admit, age 69, I clip my eyebrow hairs to a manageable level. If I let 'em go, they'd get so long I could comb them backwards over my head. Also, I clip those crazy hairs that grow out all over my ears. And protruding nose hairs.

And I exercise a lot, mainly to avoid having an overhanging stomach. No Hawaiian shirts for me; that's a sure sign of an extremely mature individual.

But for me, no more steps than these.

I see TV talking heads and politicians who I know are near my age, with thick hair, not a sign of gray. Always fake-looking.

And sometimes I'm tempted by a lower rhytidectomy, a/k/a neck lift. Average cost is $5774, per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. But jeez, who'd go under the knife unless it was life or death...

How about you other geezers, anything you do to hide or at least disguise your age? Thanks for any effective tactics...

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I used to. In my late 50s I went back to school to reinvent myself. When it was time to get a job, my wife and I got me some Just For Men.

It worked. I got hired. I used the stuff for 6 years before going mostly gray.

Ricky D.

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm 71, and I just take care of what I've got. Exercise and grooming are good at any age, that's just making the best of what you have. That's the way to do it. We'll all be a year older next year. And none of us will get out alive.

Cosmetic surgery and wigs are kind of pathetic, really. Like the boomer with the ball cap and pony tail. Not fooling anybody that matters.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
At 72, I try to recover my balance if I trip on the sidewalk. Any extra steps are only to keep me upright. My wife does the hair, makeup, and skin cream thing. It works. At 72, she doesn’t look a day over 71.

Last edited:

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
I don’t do anything to hide my age, but I don’t care for crazy hairs growing out all over so I’ll do some pruning. I’m certainly bald and grey enough. I do prefer normal clothing and skip anything that looks too ‘assisted living’.

TBH I always preferred flying under the radar, so I never tried to be trendy or hip. As the great philosopher David Jo said, “I don’t want nothing that’s too flashy or neat…”

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
I trim the ears and nose, mostly because I can't stand the itches and it annoys me.
Don't want a beard either....
Keep in shape and try to live well.
Don't really want to live too long, just want to have nice life as long as it lasts!

Last edited: