Do you still use your Fender Mustang Amplifiers?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by nick0, Apr 5, 2020.

1. nick0

nick0 Tele-Meister

Shane from intheblues has put a request for users that have any of his presets, Please could you kindly send them to his inbox at:-

intheblues@outlook.com

I have no affiliation just helping a fellow musician out.

So he can list them on his site free for anyone to download.
    Thanks

2. Tommyd55

Tommyd55 Tele-Holic

Funny that you mention this.. I have a Mustang I v2 that I haven't looked at in years. I pulled it out of the garage just 2 days ago. I needed to install a different speaker baffle on it as I have a Eminence Ragin Cajun 10" in it but at the time I just slapped it in where the original 8" was. Well it would be a real pain in the butt to get the original baffle out so I cut a new one and glued and screwed it in on the back side of the old one so the larger speaker would have room to move. Seems to work just fine..
    I could not believe how good this little amp sounds.. The darn thing sounds pretty freakin good ..
    I just have no earthly idea why the heck they stuffed so many tones into this thing. When I bought it long ago I could really never figure it all out ..
    They should have just put like 5 tones on it and let it go at that. Anyways , I went through and set up all the red tones in it to usable stuff and figured that would be good enough.. equalized the volumes on them all ..
    It's sitting there right now plugged in.. lol
    I'm gonna give it to my 10 year old grand daughter along with a partscaster I'm building for her..
    I have a slightly modified Mustang body coming and I have a Gibson scale roasted maple Tele neck (the Mustang body is set up for a 25.5 scale tele neck and a Tele Half bridge, so the conversion neck will work no problem. ) I'm going to put a set of SD FireBird pickups I have in it.. It should be pretty cool..
    That little amp is kinda amazing really..

3. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Mostly an acoustic player now, but my Mustang lllV2 still in inventory.
    It still does what it always did.
    Love the XLR out for live use.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.