Do you still own your first Fender or Squier Tele, Strat, Amps???

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by RoCkstAr256, Jun 28, 2019.

1. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Meister

Yup.
    An 83 MIJ Squier P-bass. Only P-bass I'll ever own. Besides not being a bass player, not going to get anything better without spending a lot of money.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    AlbertaGriff likes this.
  2. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

Hey, I have an 83 or 84 MIJ Squier P-Bass as well. Mine is an SQ serial, what's yours?

My first Squier was a Strat from 97 or so, and I recently gave it to my Dad so he could try and learn to play in retirement.

My first Fender is my AVRI '62 Jazzmaster from 2002. I will always have it.

20190518_125933.jpg

3. JK202

JK202 TDPRI Member

1963 Mustang which I got from a friend in 1972. I gave it to my younger brother 20 years later and he sold it for $500 to someone a few years ago.

4. eddy b.

eddy b. TDPRI Member

6524D55D-6E04-41CA-8A8A-822D3E94C83C.jpeg C03D18BE-6313-42D3-8CDC-1A9477EAC7FA.jpeg Yes. ‘99 Corona “Fat” Tele

SparkleFart and Wildcard_35 like this.
  5. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

My first Fender was a natural Strat, maple neck and no tremolo. No idea of model, year or country of origin. Swapped it in some daft deal but it would be nice to still have it.

6. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted

93 MIM Squier.

7. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

In the spring of 1973 I had an insurance settlement from a residential burglary, the burglary cleaned out all my gear and more. I was also about to graduate high school.

I figured here’s my chance, so I bought a new LPC and a Twin Reverb. I still have both. Don’t get me started about the old guitars I could have gotten for same money as a new LPC (and they would have had real frets lol). Among them was a 68 Goldtop:(

I don’t at all regret the Silverface Twin, though. Everyone should own one:cool:

t-ray and Wildcard_35 like this.
  8. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Meister

I had a MIM Strat from 95 or so. It was the one with the black logo but didn't say Squier anywhere. The hardware was trash but it was a nice guitar otherwise. Especially for the $275 it must cost new. Sounded just like a strat!

After about 20 years, I traded it away and thought I would live to regret it. I don't. I put most of my work into actually learning to play guitar after I traded it, so I never developed an attachment to it. That said, if it popped up on CL, I'd buy it back for the right price.

9. Muddslide

Muddslide Friend of Leo's

I was primarily a bass player most of my gigging life (early 80s-2000-ish.) And I'm basically a P bass guy.

Owned many real nice ones but one of the 2 or 3 best was an old MIJ Squier I got new probably in 1983. I have sold and traded and lost a huge amount of gear, and regret very few things. But I do miss that bass.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  10. LouBiffo

LouBiffo NEW MEMBER!

I just got my first Squier this year. Lefty Affinity Tele, it has become my go-to for playing. I still have my Squier Sidekick amp that I got with my MII Lotus Strat copy 20 years ago. That amp will be going to my daughter for her to use with the electric she's getting for Christmas.

11. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Afflicted

I still have my first Fender amp...an SFVR I inherited from my grandfather.

[​IMG]

12. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Wow, it still had the bridge cover. Ya' never see Strats with those intact.

Is that a TWIN under the desk? Nice bedroom amp...

13. JackL

JackL Tele-Meister

I still have a 1964 Fender Jaguar that I got from my father. He traded a motorcycle for the Guitar and a Silvertone 1484 Amp. The guitar was refinished with Nitro primer and a tinted clear coat. I'm thinking of redoing it in LPB with the matching color headstock. I still have the white Tolex case for it, but have a newer G&G Brown case for it that's in better shape.
    JackL 20190628_154446_resized_1.jpg

SparkleFart likes this.
  14. Toast

Toast Tele-Holic

I have a GDEC amp that has never worked. My first Fender product. It worked sometimes, but then it wouldn't work. Unfortunately, I chalked it up to user error at the time (thought I didn't understand an amplifier--total beginner), but no, the damn thing just never worked properly. The interface would show the key of G, but it wasn't in the key G or any key I dialed it to . . . that sort of thing. It was junk. That purchase soured me a bit on Fender for awhile, but I'm happy with my guitar.

15. xland

xland Tele-Meister

Yup. I own my first Fender, a 2014 MIM Standard HSS Strat. It also happens to be my very first electric guitar. Unless something crazy happens, I can't imagine letting it go. It's a great guitar with a lot of sentimental value tied to it.

16. FerruleCat

FerruleCat Tele-Holic

No, I don't, sadly. In the 90s, I had a brand new sunburst American Strat and Twin Amp. When baby #1 arrived in 1999, I had a moment of financial panic and sold both to a local music store.

17. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

No I don’t... my first Fender was a 1986 MIJ Contemporary Telecaster in Pewter — the HSS model with System I tremolo and locking nut. Traded in on a Line 6 Variax 600 about 20 years later, which in turn made way for an American Elite Tele a few years ago now (a real Tele!).
    Not long after the Contemporary Tele I also got a Squier Strat (one of the early MIKs): my daughter has that now.
    The Fender I’ve had longest is my 12-strong acoustic.

Bruxist likes this.
  18. Lamar Chipperson

Lamar Chipperson TDPRI Member

The Strat in my profile pic is a MIK plywood body Squier II that I received as a Christmas gift in 1988. It was red when I got it. I tried to mod it all sorts of ways to make me play better in my teens (instead of practicing), and eventually it became unplayable and sat unloved for years. I rehabbed it last year for it's 30th birthday, and it has become one of my very favorite guitars.

19. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Holic

Yes & Yes.
    My 1976 Telecaster bought around 1982
    IMG_20150831_175951.jpg
    and my Fender Deluxe 85 bought about 5 years ago
    IMG_20150831_175819.jpg
    I also owned 2 non-Fender Strats...long gone.

20. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

Yes, I do. An '80s MIJ '50s style Strat. Was heavily modded when I got it. Made it closer to '50s style for quite a while. Now have it back to its modded state, and then some (added an '80's Kahler vibrato unit that was pulled from a Jackson).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.