1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Do you own any TC Electronic pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Richie Cunningham, Feb 16, 2021.

Do you own any TC Electronic pedals?

1. None.

2. I have one.

3. Two.

4. Three.

5. Four.

6. Five.

7. More than five.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

I have the Echobrain (analog buckets), which I haven't heard talked about much. The guys at GC even tried to talk me out of buying it.

I find it pretty interesting and musical for roots music, it's cheap at $60 new, and it's built like a tank. Is it the be-all and end-all of delay pedals? Of course not. But I like it.

2. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

2x mojo
    1x Tuner
    1x cheap tremolo
    1x Delay
    All excellent pedals

3. Drak

Drak Tele-Holic

I have two from the original run 'old school' days.
    A TC SCF that I bought myself in the late 80's and still have.
    And a Sustain + Parametric EQ.
    The Sustain + gets amazing marks as a comp from the Ovnilab compressor review site.

4. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

The thing is all the $499 delay and $300 overdrives cost that cause boutique guys are spending big marketing money on social media.. so we get this outsized impression that way more people are playing those super expensive pedals.

I really get the impression Boss is not handing out $500-1000 a pop to a giant pile of Youtubers & Instagrammers to hawk their pedals all on the day the pedal drops like some of the companies are.

That doesn't mean lots of us aren't buying Boss & EHX and such.

I have 2 TC Pedals right now:
    - Polytune 3 (on my board, not going anywhere)
    - Ditto (not really in use, not sure I'm going to sell it though)

The Ditto sound quality unfortunately kind of stinks now that I have a Boss RC-10r. The looped guitar sound on the Ditto sounds low fi in comparison. The Ditto was great when I got it cause it's so simple.. but the Boss works almost exactly the same with respect to looping. It is a nice extra tool to have to throw somewhere else in the chain to try something out though.

I had a Flashback in the past.

JuneauMike likes this.
  5. grooveiron

grooveiron Tele-Holic

Ditto
    Flashback X4
    Hall of Fame
    They're all great.

6. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I had the Boss RC-2 (I think?). I've got a Ditto now for at home practice. It does exactly what I need it to do and is way less complicated than the Boss pedal. But I agree about the sound quality. I would just never be so brave as to want to use a Loop pedal in a live situation.

But the Boss, EHX, TC Electronics pedals are so ubiquitous that they bore me. I am really into more obscure brands now, not for the sound but for the fact that they aren't the same old stuff you see in the guitar stores. Not a good justification, but pedal collections are personal things. They're tools, yes, but they're my tools.

But if you pay attention to the pedal board of successful professional musicians, people who count on this stuff to make a living, you keep seeing a lot of the same Boss pedals. Depressing.

grooveiron likes this.
  7. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

I think most of the successful Pros have long forgot about trying to make themselves look cool or different by which pedals they buy.. they've actually got something to say with their music.

I don't know about the RC-2.. maybe that one is more complicated than the ditto.

The RC-10r just came out last year. If you ignore/turn off the rhythm side and you hand it to a ditto user the ditto user will use the RC-10r perfectly within a minute or two. Basically the tap dance is exactly the same.

Even when you add in the rhythm side it's just a really well designed pedal in terms of user interface.. it does just about everything under the sun, but it's never hard to understand unlike say the Digitech Jamman XT I had years ago.

This whole idea of "being an individual" by curating a pedal board is a bit ick to me. I'll use whatever works, it took me a while to figure out what worked for me, and I don't really care about what the brand name is. (I do have a mix of big & small companies FWIW.)

The other funny thing is it's a lot easier to stand out in terms of gear choice by your guitar or amp choice than pedal choice... so many people trying to be unique with their pedals and then they all choose to run into a Deluxe Reverb.

Really why would it be depressing to see successful Pros using Boss or EHX.. in the end result they sound better than less successful musicians using more boutique gear.

8. Rocky058

Rocky058 Tele-Afflicted

upload_2021-2-18_17-4-3.jpeg upload_2021-2-18_17-4-32.jpeg
    upload_2021-2-18_17-5-2.jpeg

They are all great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.