1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Do you hide things that are very important from YOURSELF?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Nov 17, 2018.

1. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

My problem is that mysterious alternate dimension that things disappear into, never to be seen again. It's hopeless. If they tumble into that other dimension, they have vanished from the known universe and they are simply gone, gone, gone.

One of the most recent occurrences happened at my desk at home. I dropped a 32gig SD card. It bounced off the floor once and promptly vanished. It was practically between my feet when it disappeared. I looked everywhere, even moved my desk, which is big and heavy. Just gone. Gone gone gone.

Chunkocaster and Toto'sDad like this.
  2. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

Dang, all I’d ever find under my seat is maybe a rotting banana peel or moldy wetsuit booties.

moosie and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You could have helped me out with whadid too! If you're gonna horn in on Kelnet's territory, you've got some big shoes to fill!

[​IMG]

4. Toto'sDad

I sold an amp for $500 bucks one time, put the money in my desk, and it was never to be seen again about seven years ago. I've been through it many times, but alas it must have gone where your SD card went.

5. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I am convinced that there is a special parallel universe that is jam-packed with lost items. It has only two phases, the loss phase and the return phase. The return phase is only triggered when you replace that particular item. Occasionally, the items will be glimpsed when you are looking desperately for something else. You must train yourself to grab it and put it in your pocket or it will be gone again when you actually need it. The loss phase may be divided into three distinct categories: 1) instant loss. This is typical for guitar picks and other small items that slip from your grasp. 2) intent. This is where you place an item in a very specific 'safe place'. The instant you walk away...gone. 3) Absent minded placement. Glasses, wallets, cellphones...lay it down: *poof*

#3 is the the only one that has a "never fail" return phase. It requires a couple of magic words. "Honey? Have you seen my XXXXX?" Seems to works best. Depending on your current karma levels, the item may require her to search...or it may be on your person.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Glad you found them. I don't hide anything but when I'm looking for something, I sometimes
    find something that I thought I'd lost.

7. drumtime

drumtime Tele-Afflicted

If my car keys are not in my left pocket, Wallet, right back pocket, phone front left, or on the charger next to my bed, they're lost. I don't even understand how somebody can put their keys down somewhere when they come in the door. I'd never find them again.

8. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I bought myself a nice new $450 watch about two years ago, got to wear it twice and then hid it somewhere around the house in case I was burgled while away. I haven't been able to find it since. I can only blame myself because I live alone. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Toto'sDad, nojazzhere and 24 track like this.
  9. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Crap, I'm so screwed up in that area and I can't even begin to tell you why. I do it, I know I do it, I know I'll continue to do it, but I tell myself; "Tomorrow...tomorrow".....knowing full well that even though Tomorrow is only a day away, when tomorrow comes, I still won't do it. Way beyond procrastination. The things I have managed to accomplish in this life have all come at the last possible moment. These days, when that last possible moment arrives, it leaves the same way....without action on my part.

While I do have some legitimate excuses for not doing what I don't do, those excuses are a pile of crap when the negative impact blows up. So, no excuses...just effed up in the head, (and beyond) yet holding out hope I'll be improving very soon.

10. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

My wife call this "putting things in a safe place".. I call it shenanigans, in the past year she has lost the title to a car, the registration to same car, the deed to a house, and several sets of car keys, I lost one set of keys, but found them in a safe place...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I know your comment sounds "funny", but I've mentioned my cousin who has rapidly advancing dementia. Another cousin has been helping her by shopping for her. Now cousin with dementia is convinced strangers are sneaking into her house, leaving food and cleaning products, and using her dishes to eat her food. She swears her doors and windows are locked and secured, but someone is still getting in. I know....amusing....except when it happens to someone you love, it's heartbreaking.

12. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yes, but that's not what's happening here.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

The reason I lose things is because I put them in a (too) safe place.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  14. Toto'sDad

No it isn't, and I never took it as such. It's not like I have dementia, or that I might get it from a post, or even from my wife's shenanigans (welllll) hell I've been this way all of my life. My wife and I went fishing one time, and we slept in the back of a station wagon, guess where we put the fishing poles? That's right, put 'em UNDER the wagon. Got up in the morning, and made someone a present of the fishing poles, as we drove away. We were about thirty five then. Of course my wife said ( I'm ) the one who left them there, she was busy combing her hair.

moosie likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

I have always been a bit of a procrastinator, but retirement has brought out a real talent in me for it. Tomorrow is my theme song!

[​IMG]

16. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Do the hemostats have any kind of a black tarry substance on them? Just wondering. Hemostats have an alternate name.

24 track likes this.
  17. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Combing her hair... I'm sure she thought that was a good alibi...

I remember very clearly one time when the kids were little, we headed off for a week at the shore. All the bags were packed, I was in charge of rearranging everything so it'd fit (including tying the bikes to the roof three different ways)...

When we arrived, it was discovered that we'd brought everything, except my wife's main suitcase. The one with ALL her personal stuff, clothing... EVERYTHING.

Somehow it was my fault, because I was in charge of packing the car. But it never got past her bedroom (I discovered when we got home and I dashed in ahead of any evidence tampering...). I patiently explained I only packed what was in front of me, and no, I didn't notice her suitcase was missing. I almost said "why would I put myself through this on purpose?" That was a close one. I offered to loan her my stuff, but that didn't go over too well. Fortunately my wife's too frugal to use it as a shopping excuse. I forget what she did. I think bought a few things and wore them all week.

It's pretty funny..... now. Or maybe it's still too soon. (30 years later)...

And of course every family trip after that, year after year, we'd be no more than ten miles from home, and... "Did you bring my suitcase this time?" So tempted to say, "No, did you bring mine?" But I'm still married, so obviously I simply said ... "Yes, dear" :lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. Toto'sDad

All men who remain married for long periods of time have leaned to make both concessions and allowances.

P Thought, Jim622 and moosie like this.
  19. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

Not on purpose.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  20. PBO Blues

PBO Blues Tele-Holic

Maybe you did get burgled and the thief knew right where to look. ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.