Do you have names for your guitars?

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
So now I'm on a two part mission. I need to name all my instruments and then figure out a way to remember all their names. I guess I could put a sticky with the name on each guitars case. In a way this could possible humanize them. Give them a personality. Make them moody? What if squabbles break out? "I don't want to be next to Nancy." "Road House Guitar Jeb always smells like beer and tobacco. You should store him in the garage by the trash can." "I do not!" "Do Too!" Do not, not, not, Not ,Not!!!!!"

I may have to give this some thought.

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
Intriguing, now I need one of those books expectant mothers get with all the possible names in the entire universe so I can name my ever expanding collection of cheap guitars from China.:rolleyes:
Or I could name them all Gladys and be done with it.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
So now I'm on a two part mission. I need to name all my instruments and then figure out a way to remember all their names. I guess I could put a sticky with the name on each guitars case. In a way this could possible humanize them. Give them a personality. Make them moody? What if squabbles break out? "I don't want to be next to Nancy." "Road House Guitar Jeb always smells like beer and tobacco. You should store him in the garage by the trash can." "I do not!" "Do Too!" Do not, not, not, Not ,Not!!!!!"

I may have to give this some thought.
That will only happen if you play immature guitars…you know, pointy-headed heavy metal shred machines…

Jackroadkill

Tele-Holic
1653403431502.png

Baba Yaga; she was my first proper Les Paul. I don't name guitars generally, but a bit of Eastern European witchery crept in when I was in Vintage and Rare in London (now sadly long gone) and the guitar came home with me as a result.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Let's see ...
Butterscotch MIM Telecaster (aka "The Original Mexican Bob")
Hamer Special ("Special Eddie")
Guild D40 Traditional (aka "Sunny")
Guild F55 ("Jumbo")
Guild J30 12 ("Our Lady")
Teton dreadnaught (aka "Gabby")
and ...
Partscaster ("Linda Lou")
1653404093330.jpeg

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Hey - that looks like an original "crate" amplifier! The rare and sought-after "Milk Crate" model!
Thang is loaded. Fender Mini Passport; rechargeable battery pack; extension cords; cable; and a bag with charging transformer, tuner, picks. It sounds best plugged in, I think because there's no grounding when I plug in to the battery pack.

rxtech

Tele-Holic
Mine is kind of called boomer or boomerang because I bought it back from the guy that I sold it to.

Attachments

• E0BD8F6B-E4DD-4097-BDEB-0D6B71DFA968.jpeg
    E0BD8F6B-E4DD-4097-BDEB-0D6B71DFA968.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 7

LOSTVENTURE

Friend of Leo's
As far as I'm concerned, naming a guitar is a lot like naming a cat. They never come when called, so why bother. But, a while back, when my daughter and grand daughter, Ashley, lived with me, my new guitar, at the time got named by Ashley. (she names everything)
The guitar was an Epi ES-339 in the wine-red finish, and it's been called "Rose" ever since.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Some do, some don’t. They have to tell me their names. If they don’t speak up, I assume they don’t have one.

My red G&L SB-2 is Rockin’ Ruby Pickles. My royal purple G&L L1000 is Grimace. My Cole Clark is Ozzy. My black parts Strat is The Phantom. My Silver Sky is Stella.

The rest are just “that one”.

Last edited:

Tall-Fir

Tele-Meister
Jakedog, thx for liking my earlier post. I guess for a fleeting moment I was hanging with a real heavyweight on this board! 🙂

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
I don’t, usually… but my Lady names every one of mine that she buys for me.

For a Christmas 2021 present, she bought a Bullet Tele in Lake Placid Blue for me. I went through two Bullets and an Affinity in that color before one arrived undamaged from GC. To their credit, they worked hard to make things right, and the third guitar was cosmetically perfect.

As part of the process, GC told me to keep the Bullet with two big chips in the finish, rather than return it.

We also are huge “Botched” fans. This is the series that has a pair of revision plastic surgeons that fix other surgeons’ mistake. One of their patients was a very pretty woman named Saaphyri. She needed her plastic surgery revised; afterwards, she looked a lot better.

When my Lady said that she was naming my Christmas gift “Sapphire”, I said, “That’s perfect! Because then I can name the chipped Bullet “Saaphyri”.

“Why?”

“Because the first Bullet was botched by GC. But with some skilled refinish work, it could look pretty good.”

😁😁😁

Last edited:

swarfrat

Tele-Meister
The Tele (warmoth)
The Warmoth (strat with GFS Memphis, so I don't think of it as a "strat")
Zion (the blue guitar which my wife calls green)
Big Al (ABT-60)
The 12 string ((Guild)

Big Al is the only one "named".

JamesAM

Tele-Holic
Just the acoustics.

The Martin with bear claw in the top is “the bear.”

The advanced jumbo that’s loud and forceful is “the monster.”

The electrics are just the tele and the gretsch.