Do you have names for your guitars?

thegaijin

Tele-Meister
I’m boring. They get called by their colours. Blue, Black, and Butterscotch. I’m expecting White soon. Butterscotch will be left with only a torso.

thegaijin

Tele-Meister
I've named mine after my great-great grandmother, my great grandmother, my grandmother, my mother and my eldest sister.
They're all called Cecilia.
Who also happens to be the patron saint of music.
This right here is what people mean when they say awesome. I truly hope the tradition gets continued somehow.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
From up to down.
gtrs.jpg

- Self made solid "Rickie"
- Self made Solid "Stripes"
- Eighties Peavey T-15 "Yoko"
- Eighties Vester Telecaster Copy "The kid"
- Self made solid "Cherry"
- Self made solid "Boardcaster"
- Self made Thinline tele "The swine"
- Self made solid "The Delinquent"
- Eighties Washburn GJR "The Pig"
- Self made SG "Son of fido"
- Self made Strat "Reverso"
- Self made strat "The Rookie"
- 1989 Squier strat "The Veteran"

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
Four guitars

Honey, my telecaster in honeyburst
Sienna, my siennaburst partscaster
Amber, my les paul in, you guessed it, amber burst
and my USA CU24 PRS. which is whale blue, and nameless......

Maybe orca? Or bluey? dunno. nothing's stuck so far and its been 8 years

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Not really, but if they did, my Telecaster and PBass would have the same name.

One of my wife's late cousins was named Emily, and they called her "Mim." So if my Tele and PBass had a name, it would be "Mim," lovely senoritas that they are.

Tmcqtele65

Tele-Meister
Two of my five have names:
Back in the 90's I did this oil painting on my G&L bass, and it became "Bob" in honor of the inspiration from Bob Ross
IMG_20220108_134141735.jpg

Just this year, I put together a Tele partscaster attempting to capture some 1954 vintage mojo....and while I was putting it together I learned a great deal about my great-grandfather who passed away in '54 and seemed to have a lot of that same mojo....so here's "Ollie":
IMG_20220424_002020471.jpg

The others...my Gretsch hollow body, my Strat copy, and my acoustic will eventually get names when I learn more about their personalities.

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
My go to tele build (that I know most have y’all have seen before) I build as a coping mechanism for the loss of my son. I call it the “Memphis Tele” or the “M Tele” but that’s the only one that gets a name. The others are the “Epi acoustic” or the “Blue Tele”

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
If I named all of my guitars I'd only end up forgetting them. I'm terrible with names.

The only one I've come close to naming is a partscaster I built. I made a custom decal for the headstock, and on a lark I figured I'd bring my wife (named Kelly) into the joke. Hence, the partscaster became the 'Kellycaster.'

- D

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Names might best come naturally, rather than forced.

A sister in law named a son in the womb Randy, because she intuitively thought he would be somewhat randy. As he grew up, sure enough he was.

My father in law would make alternate names for people and cats, and would sometimes try out several before finally settling on one that seemed to best fit their personality. For example, a son in law who always seemed to have the more correct explanation for any given story, became Einstein. A neighbor’s kid was Jiggy. A cat was blacktail.

aFewGoodTaters

Tele-Meister
The Strat
The Tele
The 335
The Les Paul
etc.

They are tools and are referred to as such. They just happen to be really cool tools.