Do you have names for your guitars?

tshoe71

Tele-Meister
I've got:

CS '51 Tele = Virginia
CS 60s Strat = Marvin
60's LP = Cookie
Gibson 335 = Red Eyes

Curious to know and as like with BB King's Lucille, associated stories behind the names.

-Shoe

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Only as one has become intuitively obvious, and not as if I think of them instinctively as persons, or because naming them is a goal in and of itself. Besides, I don’t have that many. Red and Blackie for my only ones in those colors.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
I've got so many of them,especially when cigar box type guitar builds are included, I probably ought to put asset tracking stickers on them.

But, with regular guitars, I usually just refer to them by brand/model. With some of the oddball partscasters though this isn't so easy. So, I have a "Pigaphone", "Stratodano" and, coming soon, a "Bisonpress"

tshoe71

Tele-Meister
I've got so many of them,especially when cigar box type guitar builds are included, I probably ought to put asset tracking stickers on them.

But, with regular guitars, I usually just refer to them by brand/model. With some of the oddball partscasters though this isn't so easy. So, I have a "Pigaphone", "Stratodano" and, coming soon, a "Bisonpress"

See that's what I'm talking about right there. You better trademark at least the Pigaphone one! LOL

FuncleManson

Tele-Meister
Just two of 'em.

The "Old Girl" (kind of a take on Tony Iommi's "Old Boy" SG), my 1976 Strat:
20210608_181610 - Copy.jpg

And "Joe Maddon", my 2016 Les Paul '59 reissue I bought to celebrate the Cubs' World Series title:
20220122_103430.jpg

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've got:

CS '51 Tele = Virginia
CS 60s Strat = Marvin
60's LP = Cookie
Gibson 335 = Red Eyes

Curious to know and as like with BB King's Lucille, associated stories behind the names.

-Shoe
I actually do have names for a couple.......my heavily modified 1993 MIK Fender Squier Telecaster has been called Mortimer for well over twenty years, and my self-assembled parts caster from 2019 was named after my grandfather, father, and myself....Taz. Since I put a small "turtle" emblem on my new Godin Multiac Encore, I need to come up with a good turtle related name. Any ideas? ;)

Brad Pittiful

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Tele. Old Tele. Strat. Acoustic.

I have two kids as well - Boy and Girl.

And Wife.

I own 4 cars - all of the family cars are in my name. We have VW, Girl's VW, Mazda, and Buick.

Invite me to a party sometime. I am a ball of fun! :cool: :lol:
hello man...there is a party...please come...signed party having guy!

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
No. The only thing I’ve named other than boats, and I didn’t name it, is my Jeep.
The previous owner asked me to take care of “Rocky”. He said, “You know, like Rocky Balboa“
I thought nothing of it until I saw the black surrounds around the headlights. I thought “Rocky. Yea, Rocky Raccoon”.
I don’t think of the name unless something like this comes up

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Not really,
In the late 1970's, I named my first 2 guitars after Allman Brothers songs

- my Nagoya N-28 ( D-28 copy) was ' Jessica' ( as I actually played a very dumbed-down version of this song on it/acoustic folk group!)

- my electric ( a 1976 Gibson Les Paul Signature) was ' Melissa'

You'd think the song titles would be switched between the guitars...but nope!

* both guitars long gone; LP Sig. stolen 1980/College

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
These are "The Twins". Both MIM Deluxe Roadhouse Strats, a 2020 (left) and a 2016 (right). Same model, different pickups and specs. Bought them a few weeks apart toward the end of 2020. Just started calling them that, no idea why.

Only guitars I've ever had a name for.

oC9A7fv.jpg