Do you have both an Analog and a Digital Delay on your Board?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RetroTeleRod, Mar 27, 2018.

1. FilthyFur74

FilthyFur74 Tele-Holic

I had a Strymon El Cap and a EHX DMM 1100 on the board but the Meris Polymoon evicted them both.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Actually, 7 Korg Miku's...and a tuner.

artdecade likes this.
  3. x2plex

x2plex Tele-Meister

As with OD pedals, I use different delays for different applications, but rarely at the same time.
    On my board, I hit the OCD upstream of the MXR compressor but the OD3 downstream. Trem comes next. The photo doesn't show it, but I run out to a VP Jr volume pedal that sits closer to my playing position which lets me ride the throttle without changing my basic sound. Then I loop back to the time-based effects, ending with reverb that's almost always on. The DD-7 and reverb are both able to do stereo so I do that whenever I can get away with it. BTW, my Carbon Copy is really fussy about power so I ensure that it gets exactly 9V of clean isolated juice. IMG_1728.JPG

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  4. JDB2

JDB2 Tele-Meister

@x2plex How do you like the MXR Studio Compressor? Did you try others before settling on it?

5. x2plex

x2plex Tele-Meister

I like it a lot. I like to control the timing of onset and release because I can emulate power supply sag and that ethereal 'bloom' thing. It's also nice to have separate input and output level controls so can I can tame that 18V OCD in manageable steps.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  6. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

I am running a Red Panda Context Reverb on the +Delay setting in my effects loop - nice Verb-Delay combination that I have on all the time.

In front just before the amp after all other pedals is an Ibanez DE-7 that I am now using for the more spacial soaring lead type stuff - it gets washed down a bit with the Verb-Delay in the loop and ends up being quite nice and wide.

I tried a couple different analog delays and as much as I tried to like them, I think I prefer warm digital delay after all....

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  7. Knowcaster

Knowcaster Tele-Holic

Not exactly - but my digital delay (Hardwire DL-8 Delay) has an "analog" setting. Does that count?

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Let's see now. No analog delays ever unless an actual Space Echo counts. A DigiDelay on one board and a Boss DD-2 on the other. In the amp loop I have either a TC Alter Ego V2 or a Zoom MS 70CDR. I use one delay for short slapback repeats and the other for the longer echos. Sometimes both at the same time. I like a little ambience and I like to get psychedelic from time to time.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  9. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

I've got the danelectro pb&j delay dj 17, it's very analog sounding but it's digital, there is a switch that if you push it you can change delay type, one is for slap back, one for longer delay, very cool idea.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  10. Pepi

Pepi Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]

11. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Tele-Holic

Replica and Alter Ego v2. Replica gives me a glorious sounding digital, plus emulates an un-modulated analog well. AE gives me a spectrum of modulated analog delays. The 2 cover my needs well.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  12. Mincer

Mincer Tele-Holic

I use a Vapor Trail for analog (occasionally with effects in the delay loop), and a DL-4.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.