Do You Have A Guitar Rotation?

Hey_you

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Pretty much play one till I get tired of it. Luckily, I only have 3 + bass. Tele,strat,gib SG. May be a 4th... I will switch over if inspired by a song tho.

1guy

Tele-Meister
Yes I do.

The Tele and MM Reflex alternate almost daily...my clear faves.

The Grote 335-type gets love next.

SX LP Special is tuned to Drop D.

The Epi SG is tuned Half step down.

At one point, I was ready to put post-its on the Epi and SX, to remember how they were tuned.

My Squier Tele needs more work, so I only play it unplugged for now.

BC Rich Warlock NEVER gets played. It was my son's, but I've had it longer than he did, at this point. But I wouldn't trade It for the world.

My Yamaha acoustic rarely gets played...just don't like the feel and tone...looking for an acoustic now.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
too many guitars, not enough stands... there's usually a few in the room .

I try to give them all a run at some time...

which guitar I use...depends who turns up to jam ... ;)

DSCN3443.JPG

DekeDog

Tele-Afflicted
I currently have eight. Three of them I typically play in a rotation, and occasionally, I'll work in a fourth, and I might play two in one session. The other four may get played once a month each.

Back at it

Tele-Meister
Each of my guitars is different, lp, sg special,es 330, tele, strat

not hard to pull a different guitar, they are all keepers so it’s a pleasure to discover an old friend

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a long term tendency to play two guitars a lot for a while and neglect the others, then play two different ones. Over the past while I've been spending a lot of time with my tricone resonator though and whatever electric happens to be in the room (I mainly play in two different places in the house).

John O

Tele-Meister
i have more than 10. they call to me from their cases. that's how i decide who to play.
i gig with replaceable guitars, if they should happen to disappear, there's a solution.
i take my old or rare ones (and the firebird) to rehearsals and enjoy them there.

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
May I ask what the green guitar is? It stands out from the others and I like it....A lot.

its a charvel surfcaster I had the same guitar in cherry burst , nice guitars and the lipstick pickups give it a unique sound
@24 track Kinda... the green one is actually a custom Surfcaster tribute called a Kokocaster. Made by GRB Guitars in Madison, Wisconsin. Beautiful guitar, excellent quality, and it weighs about the same as a Viking 6-burner stove.

I do have an original Charvel Surfie Bass and an original acoustic though.
20210730_183740.jpg

WelhavenTW

Tele-Meister
Some are played more than others. Right now I tend to play either my strat with hotrails, or the blue tele with JB.

eclecticsynergy

Friend of Leo's
I have a handful of favorites that I rotate through irregularly.
Many of the rest only come out a couple of times a year.
Some even less than that.
But I have a pretty large fleet after all these years.

Gardo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have no rotation system. I typically go for the newest one first. Sometimes my mood changes and I want something different so I grab what ever catches my eye.

jefrs

Doctor of Teleocity
I think I have lost count of how many guitars and similar I have. Each plays differently. So I choose the one to suit what I want to do.
For a jam or gig I usually take the Epi SG Pro because it is probably the most versatile.

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
I store my guitars in cases. And as I'm lazy, I only play the one guitar which is outside of the case and only change, when a string breaks, or a switch goes bad for example.
I usually get so accustomed to one guitar's sound, that it would be hard for me to constantly readjust to other guitars.

But once I play another guitar and have adjusted to that sound, I could play that for the rest of my life as well.

I could be perfectly happy with just one guitar. But I'm a sucker for looks, so, that is the only reason, to have more than one.

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
I store my guitars in cases. And as I'm lazy, I only play the one guitar which is outside of the case and only change, when a string breaks, or a switch goes bad for example.
I usually get so accustomed to one guitar's sound, that it would be hard for me to constantly readjust to other guitars.

But once I play another guitar and have adjusted to that sound, I could play that for the rest of my life as well.

I could be perfectly happy with just one guitar. But I'm a sucker for looks, so, that is the only reason, to have more than one.

Nah that ain't the only reason.

Every guitar is different. Doesn't matter if they came off the line one right after the other. Whether it be how they look or how they sound...eveey guitar is different.

Just like fingerprints.