Do You Have A Guitar Rotation?

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
Back and forth between my tele and my jaguar.

The tele has a somewhat hotter bridge pickup, but other than that it’s easy enough to use all the same settings on my amps and pedals with both of them.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
I have four electric guitars; Squier 50's CV Telecaster, Yamaha Pacifica 112J, G&L Fallout Tribute and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro. I enjoy playing all four but only play one per day in a rotation. I'm not married to the concept. Sometimes I'll play my favorites (Tele and LP) more often but I enjoy each guitar in its own way and like devoting enough time to each to justify playing it because essentially all of them are just fine, particularly at my level (intermediate).
My question is do others here have a rotation for their guitars as well?
I must confess I have no Rotation for my Guitars.
Pretty much let my muses take me where they will.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
The rotation has stabilized. I typically keep a guitar out for a minimum of a week before moving on. There’s no particular order to what I grab. I used to get frustrated with one or another of them but that’s become less so these days. Now that the weather has warmed I keep my acoustic in reach. It’s my patio and front porch guitar.

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I have 30+ guitars, and I do have a rotation system. I use one set of wall hangers as "This week's wall"
20211110_214824.jpg

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
I have my favourites but mainly I play my black LP style or my hotrod Fender Tele and perhaps whatever guitar I've just finished building.
Apart from that the others sit in cases until i can be bothered dragging them out, they all have some minor problems i can fix but haven't yet such as pickups i hate or a broken string which takes them out of my every day roster.

kookaburra

Friend of Leo's
I rotate because only one electric is out on a stand. The rest are kept in humdified cases, due to the climate.

The one on the stand will stay up to a week, then it gets changed out.

My acoustic and mandolin come out of the case only when played, and then goes back in. So, no rotation there.

Last edited:

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have 23 guitars and have familiarized my self with the sound of each guitar into an amp straight noting hum tonal quality , playability, setup, and feel , then go for that specific guitar when i need it , no order at all ( kind of choosing the right screwdriver out of the box) then practice with it till I am fluent for when i am doing the song

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
Not a strict schedule but every few months I'll put a few in cases and pull out a few others to play....some stay out more than others

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I try to do that. Not with a schedule but I try to be a good axe dad and let them all play a fair amount. I think my total is around 16. I’ve lost count.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
May I ask what the green guitar is? It stands out from the others and I like it....A lot.
its a charvel surfcaster I had the same guitar in cherry burst , nice guitars and the lipstick pickups give it a unique sound , half way between a Ricky and a danelectro , getting harder to find these as those with them, dont want to part with them ( I'm south paw so it was not practicle for me)

I found this on reddit

elcir5u7xc381.jpg

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I play one about 99.9% of the time. The only time I haven’t played my main guitar since I got it is when it was in the shop.

Makes me wonder why I have so many, then I remember, “Because I can.”

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I usually take guitars that make sense for why type of gig I'm playing. I've got 3 or 4 (or 5) for each type of gig. No set order, I just pick two out on a whim and head out to the gig.

Country/Americana, etc. - Danocaster, Logan Tele, Fret-King Country Squire, Trussart Steelcaster, partscaster Tele.

Rock - Les Paul Custom, LP Standard, Electra Omega, Trussart Steeltop, Reverend Roundhouse.

I keep most of my other guitars on stands in my studio so I can get to them quickly while recording. I keep 10 on floor stands, plus a couple of wall hangers close to my chair for whichever ones I'm using at the moment.

Out of 35 guitars, only about 6 or 7 of them aren't available to play in one capacity or another.

- D

Last edited: