Do You Have A Guitar Rotation?

Lockback

Tele-Meister
I have four electric guitars; Squier 50's CV Telecaster, Yamaha Pacifica 112J, G&L Fallout Tribute and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro. I enjoy playing all four but only play one per day in a rotation. I'm not married to the concept. Sometimes I'll play my favorites (Tele and LP) more often but I enjoy each guitar in its own way and like devoting enough time to each to justify playing it because essentially all of them are just fine, particularly at my level (intermediate).
My question is do others here have a rotation for their guitars as well?

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I have three electrics, three acoustics (two are the wife's), and a bass.

I don't really rotate them, they all do different things pretty well, but I play 90% jazz/swing at the moment so it's usually the (MiM) Tele or (G3161) Gretsch, both of which do those styles pretty well.

runstendt

Tele-Meister
I rotate through my electrics, but not on any schedule. It's more a case of picking one up and using it to gig for a month or two, then switching the another for a month two, then switching again. I switch when I pick up one I'm not using and it feels right. I mainly switch between my Bluesboy and my SG, but I have a Gretsch Pro Jet that gets thrown into the mix too.

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
If by rotation you mean do I play all of my guitars, then the answer is "Yes." In my collection, if the guitar's gonna stay, it gets at least some play.

If by rotation you mean do I have a set system that I faithfully adhere to, then the answer is "No." I'm nowhere near that organized.

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
Yes, just yesterday, my Taylor was brought out and the Takamine acoustic was put away in the closet. Three days ago a Tele was put away and replaced with a Strat. There are hangers on the wall for four and the rotation schedule is totally random.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I don't have a set rotation, I just keep them on stands and grab the one that I feel like playing at the time.
I used to have two electrics and an acoustic. One of the electrics is a Squier and the other a Gretsch Electromatic.

I was the same way as Vegetable Man. The electrics got about equal play.

Since I got a Fender Telecaster, that's not a budget name guitar, that's the only electric I play any more.

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister
I rotate through my electrics, but not on any schedule. It's more a case of picking one up and using it to gig for a month or two, then switching the another for a month two, then switching again. I switch when I pick up one I'm not using and it feels right. I mainly switch between my Bluesboy and my SG, but I have a Gretsch Pro Jet that gets thrown into the mix too.
I mostly do this too except when getting ready to play a gig. In that case, I’ll exclusively use whatever guitar I’ll be gigging with.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I own 2 acoustics- a '93 Martin D-1 that has played 'a thousand' gigs and now gets daily home play ( apartment). A Blueridge 000-28 style gets the gigs now. Both are just wonderful.

I have 4 electrics ( each will get played whenever, quietly here, thru Roland Micro Cube)
A Stratocaster, a Tele Thinline, an Epi SG, and a Danelectro- I just bring one to a gig- whatever I feel like playing.Though the Strat is my #1! Just comfy and versatile.

Attachments

• 20220126_174137.jpg
    20220126_174137.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220121_180631.jpg
    20220121_180631.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 16

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a "first string" of 5 or 6 guitars that I'll pick and chose from on a daily basis. 3 of these, my favorites, are always out. Other guitars go in and out of storage.

black_doug

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
If by rotation you mean do I play all of my guitars, then the answer is "Yes." In my collection, if the guitar's gonna stay, it gets at least some play.

If by rotation you mean do I have a set system that I faithfully adhere to, then the answer is "No." I'm nowhere near that organized.
This.

Both electric and acoustic.