1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Do you have a favourite mineral water?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BigDaddyLH, Apr 14, 2021.

1. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Afflicted

WC Fields said about water, "Water... never drink it. Fish (fornicate) in it."

Companies who sell bottled water don't make water, they make plastic bottles... not to mention the large ones are buying up water rights.

In one house I lived in, I decided to capture the condensation from our AC unit and use that water to water our plants. On really warm, humid days, I could fill up a 30 gallon drum in 48 hours.

tintag27 and El Tele Lobo like this.
  2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Spring water is different from mineral water. I find mineral water is more of a "palate cleanser" when drunk with food.

3. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

I don't mind tap water, but i prefer perrier. And nowadays i add a dash of pulco, and it quenches the thirst pretty good, because even if you are still thirsty, you don't want inflict a 2nd glass on yourself.
    [​IMG]

You might not have that.

Killing Floor likes this.
  4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

That's a cool story. Ghost Adventures dudes did a show there. I think it's cool that they're using the water business to try to revitalize the town a bit. There are a lot of storied Texas small towns that need a boost so good for them.

Topo about as cold as you can make it is the best. It's really hard to find some places, sad for our friends who can't get it locally. The real funny part is how difficult it is to find in Mexico.

5. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I saw it at World Market if you have one of those nearby. I remember seeing the bottles previously but had never tried it before last year (on a friend's rec). It's pretty good, but the carbonation/bite is really off the charts. The lime flavored version is my preference.

6. BigDaddyLH

World Market seems to be just a US store. I find it a leetle odd that Topo Chico doesn't list mineral content on its label -- that's a standard thing for mineral waters to do. Or am I just not finding the right image?

[​IMG]

7. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Meister

I live on a property with some above board well water. Ive had it tested a few times. It is absent of chemicals which is more than I can say for New Mexico city water supplies.

We do 'toilet to tap' here. Pretty gross. We also only get about 9-10" of rain anually, so...

You can only recycle the same poop water so many times before it's full of chemicals...chlorine, bromide, flouride and worse.

buster poser likes this.
  8. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I thought it might be because of the Mexican provenance and labeling rules there, but they'd still have to abide by our standards. Looks like it's because of this:

[​IMG]

9. BigDaddyLH

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Cosmic Cowboy likes this.
  10. jamesepowell

jamesepowell Tele-Holic

11. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

I love Topo Chico with a lime wedge. We've had it here in Texas for as long as I can remember. I got hooked on it from the truck that would come by and sell tacos at my first job back in the day.
    Now that I no longer drink when I am out, I order Topo from the bar while I watch a band play. It gives you that familiar feeling of holding a beer bottle at the show.

tintag27 and buster poser like this.
  12. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Afflicted

:lol::lol::lol:....Nectar of the Gods...!

rcole_sooner likes this.
  13. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

I stop at a brewery after my run quite often. They usually ask if I want a water with that.

I say, "Naw. This is about 90% water anyways.".

:lol:

imwjl likes this.
  14. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Favorites are had to choose. Water from new well at the cabin is really tasty. Our ski club has two wells in same aquifer that fills this pond and the whole property is headwaters of a spring creek.

Some fill bottles behind the bike tire where it pours out of the hill. There's enough life i the pond where I tend to use the two case wells. I tease my prepper friends that I'd beat them here by bike if they day they worry about occurs.

[​IMG]

15. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

I live in a place where the water is clean, safe, and abundant.

So no, I do not have "a favourite mineral water."

The idea of taking water from one place, packaging it, and then moving it hundreds if not thousands of miles across the world to a place with clean, safe water, just so that some some idiot can think that they're special (at a huge cost), is appalling.

tintag27 and northernguitar like this.
  16. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

LutherBurger and fendertx like this.
  17. sloppychops

sloppychops Tele-Holic

IMG_1296.jpg

18. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Straight out of our spring creek on the property. The wife likes it filtered, but I drink it straight up.

The best water I have ever tasted was from a deep well very close to lava beds near Mt. Lassen in NorCal.

The worse was the tap water from my freshman dorm at San Diego State. Although, I did grow up on Hetch Hetchy water which is pretty good tasting, so the transition was difficult.

19. BigDaddyLH

Is that so different from any other bottled drink? Wine? Actually, I stick with local wine. I can see the vineyards from my house.

20. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Love the stuff. I usually drink the TJ's brand which is prob just...?

I really like La Croix too. Its finally made it's way out west after finding it in WI yrs ago.

Anyone notice the "mineral" part is coming back after yrs of sodium removal prob because of peoples diets?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.