1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Do you have a cool job?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WrayGun, Mar 16, 2012.

1. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I design Roads and Bridges and do Construction Inspection of the same. It's pretty cool sometimes, other times it's boring as hell.

2. Bob W.

Bob W. Tele-Meister

My job is pretty cool, but the hours are loooooonnnnngggg! I'm an engineer at a Hollywood studio that specializes in post production sound for feature films and television.

I also play in a couple of bands that gig regularly. It all keeps me pretty busy...

3. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

im unemployed

4. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I own a Chick-fil-A Restaurant. Going on 26 years now.

5. Nafees

Nafees Tele-Meister

I just left the paper route and applied at every fast food restaurant and coffee shop you can think of. At 14 having any job is cool.

6. Beazs

Beazs Banned

My grandad said he had a cool job as he repointed the Taj Mahal, defeated the Germans with his mate Tom, invented the telephone, sunk the Bismark and later rebuilt the great wall of china?
    I never believed the bit about the Bismark.

7. hybridrocknroll

hybridrocknroll Tele-Afflicted

I'm a marketing rep for my fathers medical equipment company, and I also am a rep for a medical vacuum erection therapy pumps.

8. cnote

cnote Former Member

Stay at home dad by day, guitar slinger by night, bicycle mechanic on weekends.

9. boldaslove71

boldaslove71 Tele-Meister

KyAnne -

Small world. I've been a commissioning / application engineer for about 17 years. I've split by work between actually doing the field work (up to 765kV), to working for test equipment manufacturers, doing sales, demos, training, etc. I am 41 and have been to 48 states and 18 different countries. I love the old school / new school challenges dealing with the relays, communications stuff. Really impressed by large power transformers. 41 weeks a year of travel is just too much for me and I am actively seeking a somewhat new career working for a transformer OEM.

Utilities around here don't pay very well. When I was first starting in the business I asked one of my mentors why everyone in this field was such a character. The answer was you would have to be a little crazy to work around something that could blow up on you at any time. ;)

"I work around protection equipment that samples and controls devices carrying anywhere from 69 thousand volts all the way to a half a million volts through cities and states. This should scare the living hell out of a normal human being...........and it does. Everyday. All day. Looking forward to retirement."

10. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I like my job......that's why I do it. My cool could be your nerd status.

As a packaging engineer I've been in every sort of factory environment that you could imagine. It's fun. I think it's cool.

I've seen everything from soup to nuts (literally) to automobile manufacturing to pet caskets to drugs and medical supplies.

Have you ever seen the TV show "How it's Made"........that's my average day.

I have to go through a plant that blends ready made spice and seasonsing packets this afternoon. I pray that they are not packaing 5 Alarm Chili Mix.......it really hurts your eyes.....and you come out craving chilli. Our dogs never stop sniffing me when I come home from those places. Weird.

I'm a nerd and I like my job.

11. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Advertising creative director here. It's pretty cool. I have a Tele hanging and a Vox Pathfinder sitting beside my desk, so it's not all bad, eh?

12. MSquier

MSquier TDPRI Member

I have a vinyl graphics business that specializes in race car graphics. Its pretty cool when I get to letter up vintage race cars like real GT40's and other exotics. I also make sweet banners that would be perfect for you guys with bands, hint hint.

13. Velorex

Velorex Tele-Meister

Reichstag

Hi!
    I am electrician in the german parliament

velorex

14. Arbiter

Arbiter Banned

Penetration tester - I'm hired to hack into places and give reports on their vulnerabilities. It's a damn good job, wonderful employer.

I have had only one crappy job my entire life. I have been incredibly lucky.

15. Tred

Tred Tele-Afflicted

I had a "dream job" once, gave it up to take on a better paying job that lasted 2 years and phased out. You never know what you've got till it's gone. holds true for me.

Now, I work for the Fed Gov (at a place most people hate this time of year) , and go to work, do my 8.5Hrs, and head on home. It's not a skilled job, or even mentally taxing. It's just monkey work, as I call it.

I am Semi-Retired. So, that means I am Semi-Working, too! I just wished I enjoyed it more...

16. Whiskey_Joe

Whiskey_Joe Tele-Meister

I get paid to drive all over Illinois. I pick up medical specimens (blood, urine, body parts, etc.) from one place and take them to another. I've pretty much seen everything at this point. Once, I walked in on a part of a colon being dissected. When the tech told me what it was, I replied that I had never seen one from that angle.

17. adifferentbreed

adifferentbreed Tele-Afflicted

Used to work at a Harley dealership as lead tech. Built a few custom bikes for celebrities (mostly a PITA), had a few bikes in magazines. Raced bikes when I could and saw a lot of the country. Retired at 43 and now work on a few bikes for friends now and again. Basically my job now is being a beach bum...thinking about starting a sailing charter business in the next year or two...that would be my dream job.

18. Northerntele

Northerntele Tele-Holic

Professional college student.

19. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Soldier. Paratrooper. 82nd Airborne Division. MOS 37F. I have the coolest job in the entire DoD.

20. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I'm looking to make a career change... from business manager to free-loader. That would be a cool job IMO.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.