Do you get emotional when listening to music?

radiomanjh

Tele-Afflicted
I have to admit when I hear music especially from my youth I almost instantly get tears. For example I was in the kitchen today and "For What Its Worth" by Buffalo Springfield came on the radio and the tears came! Now these are not sad tears but like "man do I miss the good times I had back then tears". Make sense? Anybody else like this?

Brad Pittiful

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
i almost come to tears when i hear journey or genesis phil collins era and many more of those late 70s into the 80s rock bands that were just blah...and these arent good tears

fuzzbender

Former Member
when i need to feel something i put on a record

cos there's nothing natural left in me, and it's not called a record for nothing

it records life for me

william tele

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have to admit when I hear music especially from my youth I almost instantly get tears. For example I was in the kitchen today and "For What Its Worth" by Buffalo Springfield came on the radio and the tears came! Now these are not sad tears but like "man do I miss the good times I had back then tears". Make sense? Anybody else like this?

Hell yes...and more as time passes. Mostly makes me remember to call anybody and everybody that ever meant squat to me to tell them how important they were in my life. Musical friends in particular...

Pity the day when music quits moving my emotions...

fuzzbender

Former Member
Hell yes...and more as time passes. Mostly makes me remember to call anybody and everybody that ever meant squat to me to tell them how important they were in my life. Musical friends in particular...

Pity the day when music quits moving my emotions...

i associate a lot of music with a particular event, even if it only were 'i was fourteen at the time' and i hate it

it spoils the brilliance of the music for me

the music is good, my memories is another thing

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I do when listening to streaming radio or CD's or Mp3's - get choked up quite often.

Records though ? Leave me cold.:rolleyes:

Alright - of course. But when you're over 60 it's not just the music.

I've seen geezers that age tear up during yogurt commercials.

Throw in a dog or a kid (adult) that reminds them of their own ? Bring out the mops.

That's just a boo-hoo decade (and they can get a little testy when ya point it out... :eek:)

fuzzbender

Former Member
So sorry to hear certain music triggers ANY sort of hate. I associate music with events as well but all of them are golden...

to clarify, i don't hate the music

it's the enormous power it has to evoke emotions

sometimes it can be very upsetting, but i'm only because i'm weak

TwangyWhammy

Friend of Leo's
Tears from music? Yes definitely...

Only a few special songs can hit that spot for me though… I always look forward for the next 'golden one' that comes along. They come from the strangest of places, and not always from the same genre.

Some of the saddest songs have brought joy and even healing to me, and oddly some of the happiest tunes have left me stone cold.