Do You Ever Just Look At Your Guitars?

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
My Martin D-1 is out ( 2 feet away from 'my' chair) just about all the time, as I'm always playing it thru the day.
But always looking at its beautiful mahogany back when not playing- love it!

Attachments

• 20220110_081612.jpg
    20220110_081612.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 9

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
I love all my guitars but some of them I'm in love with. I've been known to plant a kiss on my Am Std Strat before putting it away for the night, and I don't care who knows it!

I usually keep a few on stands in my office, and one out at a time in my music room. I never had kids, but oftentimes on my way to bed at night, I'll peek in the room and look at the guitar out on the stand, the way a loving parent will look in on their children sleeping.

Now you know!

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Oh thank God, I thought I was going mental. I just got a new black pickguard for my rosewood neck midnight wine Tele, with black knobs; I caught myself staring at it with such a feeling of affection and happiness that I suddenly felt embarrassed for being such a weirdo. Thanks, PT!

stormin1155

Tele-Holic
Yeah, that's mostly what I do with them... look at them. I have about 30 hanging up in my studio. I mean I do play them, but I can only play one at a time, and I have a handful of favorites I gravitate to, so about half of them just hang there looking pretty 99.9% of the time.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Guitars are like wives except you can have as many as you can afford. And like with wives, sometimes I like to look at what the other guy has and let my imagination run wild. 😁 And unlike my wife, my guitars don't care.
You would like our flagship grocery store more than any of the Whole Foods you're often saying you are at. The proximity to the university, regional health care hub, and high end neighborhoods with a private gym and private trainer business in same building create quite a reputation.

I will just look at my Collings in bright light. It's one of the early SoCo 16s where Bill Collings RIP had hands on its making. He answered a call I made about pick guards saying he felt it should not have one even though they do have them now. It was super cool that he remembered the guitar and the excitement or passion expressed for the project. Beyond visual characteristics and tone it is very stable and very loud unplugged against similar type guitars.

It seems everything they make has been great including since his passing for for me that response REALLY makes this one a true Collings.

g1wUkOO.jpg

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Caress, and like the tone of its secondary sounds. I would still admire the smooth curves, finish, knurled knobs, and idiosyncratic sounds of my Teles, even if I lost my sight. And love hearing the “tonk“ of a thin stamped steel bridge plate and the stiff hearty click of a CRL 3-way.

aFewGoodTaters

Tele-Meister
All the time! Guitars are works of art and I love having them on display. None of my guitars (with the exception of my vintage Martin acoustic) are case queens. They are all out at all times on display. We even keep one in the living room on a decorative stand as my wife enjoys them as well.

Aside from admiring their beauty, another benefit of having them out is I play them more often. In my experience, keeping guitars in cases leads to less playing. Sure, they are more susceptible to dings and scratches, but blemishes and wear don't bother me.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Our living room wall has most of the stuff to look at. I never play any of these, they just hang there.

View attachment 938572
I have always thought your guitars/designs are fabulous works of art.

Don't tell my wife but I have more pictures of my guitars on my phone than I do family! shhhhh
My guitars have given me fewer problems than my family (beyond the sweet little nuclear unit in the house).

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
Yes. I look at my strat and think about dusting it.
I look at my duosonic and remember I need a new strap for it, since I took the one I bought for it and put it on my most recent tele.
I look at my Mustang on on wall in my living room debating if I want to play it or take something out of a case.
I look at my ash Tele and and stare at the grain like I have for many years. I look at my US tele trying to decide if the flat black guard will stay or get swapped for the naturally yellowed by 3 decades 3ply white one.
I try not to look at the toronado because then I want to play it.

I wil Look at any guitar!
That gets me in trouble. I've talked myself down on most of my list of what I "need". Seeing some things return me to "one of every color" mode.