Do you display your diplomas?

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
My uncle lived alone in rural Ireland and like so many others started to have age related health issues for which he was put on medication.

His sister, who has lived in the US since the late 40's researched his medication / conditions online and decided the treatment was not correct.

Now my aunt cannot ever be described as shy and retiring. So the next time she comes across to Ireland, she takes my uncle to the doctor, who she only ever referred to as 'the vet' and proceeded to give him chapter and verse on how to do his job.

Apparently the doctor listened to this for as long as he could tolerate, finally he waved an arm at the diplomas an the wall behind him and stated, 'Those are my medical qualifications, where are yours?'

My uncle always laughed telling that story, my aunt always maintained the diplomas were fake!

That's like a Berklee graduate waving his diploma at somebody who's accusing him of sub par songwriting.
Yes, you may have ticked all the boxes for graduating but that doesn't mean you're good per se. Only technically proficient.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Ha....

This Earth is flat too....right? :)

Hope all is well GB....carry on.

I think you got included in a group where it isn't you... sorry about that.

For some of the posts it is implied that there is a 'right' answer to what folks do (the way they shape their 'reasoning' with words) and it becomes antithetical to why someone would not hang their diplomas, which is comical.... if the wheel turns far enough, it returns to 0

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
Just this one;

burnssyslg.jpg

Ash Telecaster

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I do, hanging in my music room.

I worked so hard for them, sacrificed so much time, money, gave up evenings, weekends, music. I went to college as an adult. Over 7 years I got my bachelor's, 2 mba's, and a PMP cert.

I don't think about them very often. I don't even notice them and I don't think anybody else does either but hell yes I'm going to hang them up.

Direwolf

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Well I have buddies that have various diplomas. I have a DD214. And that’s just fine for me. But no I don’t hang that up.

My brother has a Phd. I have a t-shirt that reads "I don't have a Phd, but I do have a DD-214". We kid each other like that all the time.

Beachbum

Poster Extraordinaire
Thirteen schools in five states before I was eighteen, four years in the Navy during Nam and thirty years in the construction trenches you bet. I earned it so here you go.

Eqbe-ZpQdES64C0N0dkcyXHMIok4jKa5w0DICtKqGf5Zi7iahnx-hViI52pSVozwk0PC7QXD6g1xzNAZJaLwJPf62llN8FsKFeJdmwbzCHxwU9IcX0Kc1xz0ZsgYfwCqNflonL2bZh3NBXww_FsBLQHKPqh3SZbVIKK3aYXbLCDFX_PwQNV81bM1hfgnJjHfigmQjPv1MMxTG0ssb5ws-LrGlgma_1fVfQu44GwNuEPHp_w7d_H236XKXbqkxSQMWXBmT0Rqd5IvyjCRlm4uRGix3w8AecTanzS15DBho--vSuShvO9Ci-lUyqdnEyK6NHpuToleiOR5GqEQ-Wa3CA2EeY6haZxy436VYZgTPgDbVlaWm1mLYyUsSl1J7I3weUckK55sNXgtknBd-6Ri1jHE5eoH8QtyNlmNs53arEowtClGyGA7Uv1t1iEfraA3INDPSBrfHnkTlNxF3l1NATUJ-wU-A_zCh-D76ZeMlsu17sepEm8HFNOOlGGzUc0gGmNl0y8fVEUrjCaJ-IUJ_0ue9XRDW7hJM0UntTZJKhHseFO1cnCKMpfjFaYTTKh3m3A7xl_1WtN51MbgS5LMwgElCHNRVaaBdQE0WhVq002NL4EaCopXUM8suWbH8QN1FyZPzC28LNS-6y1X4YFpANZpAeggaglk8HgbzOUs1i0D5-Awj-dRuqD2WRs2q_syYP7ufJz-kk6QLv4bOAUx4rn_=w1163-h894-no

keithb7

Poster Extraordinaire
I had a couple up in my office at work. So clients could maybe see I had some qualifications. After reading this thread I took them down. Are now in a dark drawer. Lol.