Do You Cook?

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
I've heard it said, to eat well is to live well. I am a proponent of that sentiment. Therefore I try to cook the best meal I can, even if it's a tuna melt, I want it to be good. I will take time and effort to make food taste good. The fun part of cooking for me is to make a dish from my own hands and imagination. It is a great feeling when you know you cooked something just right. It is a feeling of accomplishment, satisfaction, and culinary enjoyment.

I learned to cook on my own. It took a lot of time, tips and effort. You know why you learn how to cook? You get tired of eating crappy food. Any of you guitar slingers fancy yourself a cook?

Powdog

Tele-Holic
Doin it right now. Meatballs. I use a mix of pork sausage, veal and ground chicken. An egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, basil and garlic. Roll em and brown em in a little oil. Drain the grease then simmer them in sauce for two hours. Don’t do them in the oven, they just dry out.

rand z

Friend of Leo's
I'm a great cook.

Living solo for most of my adult life, and wanting to be healthy, not visiting Dr.'s all of the time, I learned to cook.

I'm steaming rice and mixed veggies, for me and my wife, right now!!

I also find it very therapeutic... like playing guitar (zen).

Basically, I eat to live.

I don't live to eat.

It works for me...

imo.

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
ratatouillegoodfood.gif

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm the cook of this house.
My wife rattles a pot or pan rarely.
She's an okay cook by her own admission.

I'm a creator and experimenter in the kitchen.
Whatever I have on hand can generally be turned into some really good breakfast or dinner.

:)

Cali Dude

Friend of Leo's
I love to create in the kitchen. I have been told that I am a pretty good cook. I'll cook anything from salmon steaks, to a good steak, pasta dishes, and I love cooking during the holidays. Last year I made a pretty nice Turkey dinner for Thanksgiving, and a lovely prime rib roast for Christmas.

kuch

Friend of Leo's
I'm the chef in our house. I'm retired. During the week, I'll make lunches for my wife's lunch the following day. We just have a light snack in the evening and don't have "dinners" anymore. On weekends I usually cook breakfast and we eat at a restaurant or take out for lunch. If/when we have guests over, I always cook.
What do I cook: tacos, enchiladas, soups, spaghetti, pastas, ribeyes, roasts, bbq, teriyaki, kalbi, yakisoba, chow fun, curries, meatloaf, fish, katsu, corned beef and cabbage, etc....
I also love cooking and smoking stuff in my big green egg.

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
Yeah, I‘m a cookin’ fool. No real recipes, per se, just turning ingredients into meals. Life’s more difficult now, my octogenarian in-laws moved in a few years ago, and he won’t eat chicken and she’s gluten allergic, and neither of them will do “spicy”, so a lot of adjustments to my style, but complaints are few and far between.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I/we are good cooks. We are also adventurous cooks. We’ll try a lot of things and sometimes they work out and sometimes not so much. If we like a recipe we may tweak it a bit to suit our tastes.
Quite often simple is tastier than complicated and a hell of a lot easier.

glenlivet

Tele-Afflicted
Wife cooks, I do dishes.
I'm not picky. I'll eat just about anything.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy good food, but I'm also pretty happy with a leftover hamburger patty chopped up, and mixed in with some leftover mac-n-cheese.
Simple stuff does me just fine.

uriah1

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Ya more since I retired. My wife has food sensitivities so I guess mostly for me. Keep trying to get better. I think my neighbor eats out or brings home dinner 6 days a week