Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Kershaw leek minus the safety for me.
84AC1168-B82D-40E9-B5A4-13A1F9799D4C.jpeg

Last edited:

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
Locking blades are illegal in the UK,so I carry a Victorinox penknife. I use it every day for something or other.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
My grandma would give us knife too and ask for a penny. I think it was from the old country.
Give a penny for any sharp object so not to be cut by it or something . Many reasons
on the interweb. I guess like that salt thing maybe.
The story I heard is you give a payment for a knife or sharp object so as not to cut your friendship.

Sixmilecross

TDPRI Member
Have carried a Gerber US1 for the last few years. Have carried some type of pocket knife for about 50 years. Never know when you'll have to geld a water buffalo!

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Another one of my faves is the We Knives Banter. Great little knife!

I have a couple of them in different scales colors and steels.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It's always good to have clean cutlery.

View attachment 985003

I also carry a several different types of multi-tools in my computer and guitar gear bags.

I had a similar ( cheap ) like this back in my Boy Scout days ( early 1970's, I was a pretty mediocre Scout)

My knife had the cheap plastic brown handle that had a 'tree bark' texture- but the spoon and fork were cool!

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
Heck yeah, anywhere I can carry one. I don’t know how guys get by without one as I use it all the time.

My favorite is the Gerber LST Ultralight. I have two of ‘em. It’s very light but sturdy, keeps a decent edge and has been my favorite for many years.

It’s a small carry but I notice instantly if it’s not in the bottom of my left front pocket. A couple weeks ago I pulled on my pants and my LST was missing, and my “spare” was not in its spot on top of my dresser. A long search in and outside the house, in my truck etc didn’t turn it up. Egad, this was a serious situation! Now I did have two of ‘em but many days both are in a pocket because I switch between work & going out pants and often leave a knife in each. Near panic ensued because the little things are like everyday friends.
AFAFE3A8-AB3F-4286-B379-C8C366146D7F.jpeg

I have several cheap folders I could have used but that would have meant robbing a fishing vest or similar. A search for a new LST UL showed they’re now double what I’d paid. I decided to spring for three $9.00 imported Gerbers and that’s what’s with me today. It’s a little heavier than my LST but the bigger blade arrived very sharp. My two spares are tucked away in secure locations!
29E31F8D-0D8A-4D83-AD38-42F9286AF71A.jpeg

As fate would have it my “lost” LST showed up on top of the drier which I’d searched TWICE! That’s OK though because I’m now well prepared for the next missing pocketknife emergency.

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
Most days, yeah, I have one. it'll be sitting next to my wallet and money clip most of the time.

I've had a few swiss-army types over the years, and they've just proven to be 35 things I've never needed and a bit heftier than I'd like. My current carry is one of those "car emergency specials", with a hardened point for breaking glass and a special little notch for seat belts...it was given to me by a friend who has since passed away, so it feels like it'd be bad karma to abandon it now. It has opened more mail and Amazon boxes than I could even begin to count.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Yes at all times. Various brands, cheap, from ones my buddy endlessly gives me. And, over the last number of years I can't even count how many times I've forgotten to leave them at home or in the car before going into an airport, concert, sporting event etc., and having to throw them in the trash can. Doh! Except for the times I've hidden them somewhere outside, like in a bush, and retrieved afterward. It's become a running joke in my family, Dad the dumbass with his knives.

Last edited:

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a standard Victorinox that was given to me about 30 years ago. I lost it twice and got it back. I use it plenty.

I had a friend who was really into knives. He had a few custom knives. It's amazing how many types of pocket knives are out there.

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
Just camping. Got my new one for this year on the left at a flea market.
Kraftsmen. I think Sears had Schrade or other mfg.

Remember to give/leave View attachment 984873 1penny when you buy a knife.
Even if you just leave it on the counter.
My mom gave us a meat carving set with a dime in the box. I still have dime in there 20 years later.

Something about the knife not severing the relationship (with the giver). Never heard of it when buying one.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Not on my person, but always have this along in my trip box when driving the bus someplace. I often need something to open packages, cut food, and maybe use it to engage in a friendly round of mumblety-peg (correct spelling) when out on the road with the other 'Bus Boys'.
IMG_20220519_153446464_HDR.jpg

benderb9

Tele-Afflicted
been carrying a Case since I was a pre-teen. Retired all the stag stocked folders into a glass top table along with dad's Case skinning knife w/stag stocks) along with the switch blades (vintage and new). Currently carry a Case Canoe with amber bone stocks. Have a couple S&W switch blades and an AK SB. Took my sister to see Trans Siberian Orch a few years back and forgot about the knife when I filled my pockets. Security freaked out I had a knife when I threw my keys and knife into their basket before getting metal detected, then he realized it was a switch blade **PANIC** sheesh. I walked 4 blocks each way to put it in the car. Got back before the show, which was great.