Do you carry a pocket knife?

old soul

Tele-Holic
I really like the Kershaw shuffle with tanto blade, or another thin Kershaw I dont know the model of.
Outdoor activities, I usually carry a fixed blade. Either morakniv or condor.
Almost always have a knife of some kind on me

Teleskopic

TDPRI Member
Leatherman micra on my key ring has proven really handy over the years. Just got to remember to remove it before flying.

rsclosson

Tele-Afflicted
n7-carbone.jpg

I also have a number 9 and a 12 but the 7 is my favorite daily carry.

RCinMempho

Friend of Leo's
These days a tactical with a half-serrated blade and a pocket clip. I have a few. I really prefer the one-hand open close. A good serrated will cut small branches out in the yard.

As @bobio said, carrying a knife is to defend myself from a dangerous box or other packaging.

I had a black Case "dress knife" for years. My mother bought it for me for my birthday when I was a teen. It went to every graduation, every wedding, and every funeral. I lost it somewhere in the last move. I miss that knife as much as any possession I have ever had.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Here’s my roughly 30 year old Wenoka
View attachment 984918
It’s on its second sheath. I wear it when I’m in a wetsuit but the SOG is clipped into my BC pocket
I miss Wenoka, my absolute favorite fins of all time were Wenoka Reflex. I also had a pair of Wenoka dive boots and the combo just felt like an extension of my legs. Those fins gave me quite a bit of power. Came especially handy diving in the Cooper river looking for sharks teeth in Charleston, SC, current can sweep you out to sea. A good knife anchored into the riverbed helped too :)

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
I love Sodbusters. I have a bunch of Cases and the other major knockoffs but as small as they are, I get bugged by their presence in my pocket. The only EDC I can stand is the WorkPro folding utility knife. Nice and flat, under three inches closed and uses standard utility blades. View attachment 984826
I never thought of carrying a utility blade but I can see the beauty in it. Always a sharp blade.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
View attachment 984884 I have carried a pocketknife as long as I can remember.
Like many of y’all I own dozens of various knives for various purposes.
I was never a Boy Scout, but for the last 5-6 years I’ve carried this Boy Scout pocketknife. I found it at a goodwill for $3.00.
It’s a 70’s vintage and I suspect it was manufactured by Schrade.
Dang good little knife.
If you bought a used Boy Scout Knife in good shape for $3 you got a great deal. Somewhere at my Mom’s house there is one of these in a drawer. My Boy Scout compass from about 1968 is in the console of my truck.

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Yup the minimalist Victorinox SD:

SAK_0-6223_S1.jpg

Always have one or I'm naked. Not really a weapon, unless you were planning on giving someone a terroristic manicure! Not sure which is more handy, the scissors or the tweezers.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Only since age 7. My most recent carry is a Benchmade.

But—HNKD…happy new knife day! Yesterday I acquired two new (first production run) knives from a friend of mine here in town. I’ll put one in rotation and the other in my stockpile. This is a Justin Case Tactical FAFO-1 folder.

View attachment 984856 View attachment 984857

They come with blue, black or OD green grips, and do have a clip on the opposite side. I really like their fixed blades as well and have several. Nice stuff.
Do they come with a Band-Aid?

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
More dive knives. Blunt tip on the BC inflator hose for cutting away entanglements, and "Sea Hunt" ankle knife for dispatching fish and cutting bad guys' air-hoses. <Edit> Did you know . . . when a bad guy gets his hose cut and the air starts pouring out, that means the exhaust hose was cut and the bad guy can keep breathing just fine?

IMG_2377.jpg

Last edited: