Do you carry a pocket knife?

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
And if so, what kind?

If im dressing a little nicer I carry a Victorinox Farmer.

1652932240305.png

If not, its a Victorinox One Hand Trekker.

1652932427664.png

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
I carry a SpyderCo LadyBug (ManBug, basically the same knife rebranded for the macho types, seriously) on all my keychains.

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Former Boy Scout here. I always carry a knife. Either a Spyderco Endura, Leatherman Rebar along with a pocket knife, or Buck 110 in a belt pouch. I like one-hand opening knives clipped to my Wrangler jeans front pocket.
Sometimes discreetly wear my USMC KA-BAR in a pouch-type leather sheath (I made) high on my belt with a shirt hanging over it.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
A knife-collecting friend sent me this Rough Rider Canoe and Old Timer Stockman for Christmas. Both work equally well for around the farm stuff, slicing open feed sacks, cutting baling twine, etc. They seem to be holding a sharp edge really well too, so a more high-end knife would probably be wasted on me.
6AC6D6DF-35E7-4A6C-90CF-DA2DB3193158.jpeg

TimmyM

Tele-Meister
Always, I really have a thing for knives and flashlights. I keep one of each in drawers all over the house. I have several pocket knives including an “old timer” that my grandfather gave me for my birthday when I was ten.
lately I’ve been carrying various folding knives with a clip instead of a true pocket knife. EBADB035-9571-4A7F-84FB-DF02BBB2B042.jpeg

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
Where I grew up in East Tennessee, a gentleman simply didn't go about without a pocket knife. At any gathering that I attended, if you ask for a knife, you'd better step back because they'd come flashing out of the pockets, casually, but rapidly. A good blade was the sign of a well-accoutered gentleman, and a gentleman simply didn't go about without a pocketknife. As a result, I've carried since I was young.

I have a small collection of knives that were given to me or that I inherited. My father favored Boker Tree Brand, bit I ended up with a very nice Bullman, a Buck, and a Case from him. Probably my favorite is a Spyderco Sage 3 bolt action with carbon fiber scales that one of my sons gave me for Christmas. It is almost too nice to carry. My daily carry is a Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker.

SAK_1_4603__S1.jpg

It fits in the pocket watch pocket in my jeans and does an amazing amount of stuff.

Bob

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
I've got a Victorinox Tinker (Wenger doesn't exist in my world) and a Kershaw folder I started carrying as well. The Kershaw is so nice, I can flick that blade open really easy to cut open all the amazon packages I get.

I need to get another Tinker to keep in my motorcycle pants....I keep leaving my main one in the pants and can't find it. I like having the little tools with me

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I have been carrying a Leatherman of one model or another for as long as I can remember. Currently, I carry a Wave+. Many times though, I just need a knife to defend myself from a dangerous box or other packaging and don’t want to fiddle with the Leatherman 😂 I carry a Spyderco Para 3 Lightweight. I have a lot of knives in my collection and many are far more expensive, but the Para 3 Lightweight keeps finding its way to my pocket👍 As the name implies, it is light. It is reliable and it disappears in the pocket.

20210528_160922664_iOS.jpg 20210124_145617457_iOS.jpg
20201222_140132212_iOS.jpg
20201222_140157460_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
Every day since I was eight.

Which one depends on what I’m doing that day I have a couple dozen. I also have a few good fixed blades for backpacking/camping and larger tasks.

The Gerber Prodigy lives under the front seat of car in case of emergencies.

I got out of the Navy in 2015. I still use my Gerber Strongarm. It usually sits on my bedside table. But my grab and go if I’m doing outdoorsy stuff