Do You Care Who Is In The Band Anymore?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jul 9, 2018.

1. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Of course it does, to me. Example: Foreigner isn't the same without Lou Graham, I don't care how good the replacement singer may be.

2. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

I saw them back in '90 and was still bummed without Steve and Ronnie, but everyone else was there. Allen couldn't play at that point though.

3. Tweeker

Tweeker TDPRI Member

Yeah. At this point, most of the guys are wearing 'em

Attached Files:

4. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

After g giving this some thought I realized that for quite a while there really have been few bands that have great artist at every instrument say like the Eagles, Beatles, Zeppelin etc .CSNY... Remember I said few! That leaves room for those that do exist.... But anymore I'm there for the music.... Eagles were great no matter the lineup but they are a note for note show.... But tedeschi trucks...I love the Jam aspect so I listen for the excitement of musicians really talking to each other....I enjoy each for their own musical experience.

5. Tele wacker

Tele wacker Tele-Holic

My all time favorite band is the Eagles. They've had guys who quit, were fired and then Glenn died. They are still my favorite and I still go see them in whatever lineup they bring.
    A few bands have been totally ruined due to replacement artists. I hated the Doobie Bros when Michael McDonald filled in. Tom Johnston was the Doobie Bros.

Owenmoney and tomkatf like this.
  6. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

I completely expect Kiss to continue on long after Gene and Paul are dead and gone. Maybe even different companies; one on the road, others in Vegas and Branson. Maybe Broadway.

*deep sigh of resignation*

7. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Although it's cool to see a band with all the original members, many years down the line, it's not always possible and it often doesn't matter.

One of my top three favorite bands is the Fabulous Thunderbirds.
    I first saw them in the Kim Wilson-Fran Cristina-Preston Hubbard-Duke Robillard-Kid Bangham lineup...and I was sold.

Yes, Kim was the only original member left, but Fran and Preston had joined back when Jimmie was still the guitarist, and they had cut several albums with those original two guys, so they were well-entrenched members by that time.

I saw the Duke/Kid lineup a few times, and then Dave "Kid" Ramos and Gene Taylor (piano) joined, and it seemed the band was revitalized and energized even more...maybe it's because junkie, erm...bassist Hubbard had moved on, maybe it's because Kim started working out and taking care of himself, or maybe Kid Ramos was that dang good, but they were as exciting as any band I had ever seen. I saw that lineup several times, too.

A few years I saw a later lineup with the Moeller brothers and Mike Keller, and was duly impressed as well...guys who were decades younger than Mr. Wilson, but sync-ing with the classic T-Bird Vibe.

I'd love to see Jimmie and Fran and Kim together with a great groove bassist (since Keith Ferguson and Preston Hubbard are both dead), playing all the T-Birds hits and classics, but it's not likely to happen.

So no, I don't care who's in the group...as long as they got That Thang, I'll dig it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.