Do You believe telepathic experiences

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Nov 5, 2020.

Do you accept Telephic communication as a real experience

Poll closed Nov 26, 2020.
  1. Yes.

30.1%
  2. Possible

18.1%
  3. Unsure

7.8%
  4. No absolutely not!

44.0%
  1. speedingjet

speedingjet Tele-Meister

No they just weren't working with that drummer....on the days he was "on" and I was "on". I didn't mean that as a serious example. Though you may have played with musicians that knew what you were going to do and you knew what they were going to do...it never means all the time. Especially when the red light comes on.

I do not think any of this stuff can be turned on or off at will in any case. Whatever's going on.

2. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

There are people you only have to look at to discern they are slap-ass evil (even little children), only to find later or many years later that you were "right on the button".

telemnemonics likes this.
  3. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

No. I will not comment anymore because there’s better things to argue about.

4. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

I knew you were going to ask us that!

5. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

PS -

Preclognition: That funny feeling that you need to call a plumber.

telemnemonics and BigDaddyLH like this.
  6. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

The strong feeling of deja vu-- that's different from telepathy. In the moment of doing something you have this strong feeling that you already did it, or maybe dreamed it. My understanding is that the prevailing theory for this almost universal experience is essentially a glitch in your brain memory systems, possibly triggered by a biological event such as the death of a cell at a key moment, or by an electrical event-- electricity sort of short-circuiting in your neurons. So you feel like you did something because the real-time memory you are encoding as you do something is getting played back in a weird way. Kind of like slap back echo that happens so fast and you don't realize what is going on.

This is different from telepathy. Someone somehow communicating with another person or being aware of something happening to someone without any kind of physical, auditory, or other signal. The classic is the mother who suddenly has an awful feeling about one of her children and then it turns out the kid just had a bad accident.

This one is hard to document because the potential for coincidence. The only physics that I can think of that might explain actual telepathy is the weird, action-at-a-distance phenomena of quantum entanglement where particles can affect each other across great distances. There are of course other action-at-a-distance phenomena like magnetism and gravity that we all take for granted but probably couldn't be used to possibly explain telepathy since the forces diminish so quickly with distance (unless you are a large body or extremely magnetic...).

I also agree that cognitive bias can be huge. That Mom might have that feeling a bunch of times and kind of forget about it each time that nothing happened. But then she remembers the one time that she had that feeling and it happened to coincide with her kid getting hurt.

stnmtthw and loopfinding like this.
  7. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Not me so much, but my wife has them on a semi-regular basis. She will think of an event happening, and it happens. She hasn’t mentioned anything lately.

KyAnne and ping-ping-clicka like this.
  8. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

a friend of mine and I were in operation acid tests , :oops: as it were and all afternoon we had an ongoing discussion and some four hours later we realized that we hadn't said a word. a consensual experience shared and acknowledged
    In the "DOORS OF PERCEPTION ALDOUS HUXLEY describes the psychedelic experience as
    having the shutter of the mind open allowing more of repressed abilities that would interfere with our functioning in our current experience.
    That's a hack job of his explanation ,the experience opens the door wider than usual.
    Peace and Love, Ping-Ping

KyAnne and Randypttt like this.
  9. ping-ping-clicka

if the scientific model does not include all available factual information the scientific model will be skewed, just because I don't have the language or understanding to measure a phenomenon does not mean that it does not exist. just because I can prove it using and incomplete model.
    Was that clear ?
    is it possible for thing to exist that you have not experience ?
    That includes all categories of phenomenon on the planet ?
    I do not wish for you to believe in or not believe anything that you have not experienced, I am not into changing minds, or making sales though I do like to explore the minds of those around me.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  10. ping-ping-clicka

Try the food tibetan monks have blessed , a pleasant "aftertaste".

11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I can usually tell telepathically who not to tell about my telepathy.

That is of course how I got my nickname.

12. telemnemonics

Bizarrely, less than 10% of respondents are uncertain of this most certain uncertainty!

13. telemnemonics

I do make better money on my plungermnemonics than on my telemnemonics.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Charlie Bernstein likes this.
  14. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

I think a lot of mental background processing gets credited to psychic phenomenon.

15. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

And that's all there is to it. It fascinates me how often people choose the complicated explanation over the simple one.

The Angle and notmyusualuserid like this.
  16. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

I knew you were going to say that. Spooky

Charlie Bernstein and Torren61 like this.
  17. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

I'm guessing you don't hear about the times she will think of an event happening and it doesn't happen. Some folks just want to believe so hard, they do.

18. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

I believe in coincidence, not magic. Coincidence is just a regular occurrence, I'm currently studying maths and today I was talking to my partner about possible careers I can pursue, I mentioned actuaries and explained what one does. Later that day someone in a studio audience was asked what she did for a living and it was an actuary and explained what one did. It's not a common profession but I don't think that makes me a clairvoyant.

We are are also pretty in sync with our thoughts and what we notice otherwise but I think that's what happens when you've been close to someone for such a long time.

19. telemnemonics

A telemarketer might say: “I’ve made way more calls that didn’t make a sale than calls that did make a sale”.

Would that mean marketing that results in sales is just coincidence?

How about the boxer that punches his opponent 100 times without winning (or losing)?
    Does that mean punching is of no significance in boxing?

Torren61 and Asmith like this.
  20. telemnemonics

I should have quoted this in my last post but my telepathy is in the shop.

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.