Do you believe in ghosts

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Sep 7, 2020.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Long since we were here, storytellers/writers/film makers have been placing Ghosts in all these "scary" locations.... old houses/castles/misty swamps/graveyards, etc

they never seem to pop up in ER wards/wildlife docos or in cooking show kitchens...:rolleyes:

the seeds have been planted in our brains from the day we were born....:D

goonie, Toto'sDad and Tele1966 like this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I believe the mind can conjure up things from stress or lack of sleep. One night when I had been hunting without sleep with my hounds for two days and nights, an being extremely tired and cold from trekking through the snow, I came upon a huge radio tower. Men were working all around it, I could see it clearly in the starlight. I sat down for a moment, and I must have dozed, but one of the dogs came to me and nudged me awake. When I woke up, and I had only been out for a few moments, the tower was gone, replaced by a tall Sequoia tree. The men who were working on the tower were nowhere to be found. I realized I had gone about as far as I could, rummaged under fallen trees, found some dry wood and managed to get a fire going, and slept sitting up until I got cold, and woke up. My dogs were all gathered around me, and we headed on back to the truck, worn out from this trip, but there would be others.

drlucky, jman72 and Steerforth like this.
  3. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

First of all, I'm not preemptively calling you or anyone an idiot.

I apologize for writing the word "idiot."

I've had a personal "ghost" sighting experience that seemed very real, but in retrospect it was a half asleep waking up hallucination.

If ghosts existed there would be proof,

There is zero proof.

Kloun and goonie like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

That's what I want to see, the weather girl on tv doing the forecast when suddenly who else, but Groucho Marx appears between her and the weather map, and starts rolling those big eyes of his, and takes a pull on his cigar!

trev333 likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

Really awkward if a ghost turned up at the dinner table. Hey buddy, want something to eat? Nah he says, I can't keep anything on my stomach it just falls through to the floor, or at least the chair I'm sitting on. Wanna watch some football? Oh, sorry I asked.

drlucky and trev333 like this.
  6. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Zero proof to you in your life. Not in mine. I don’t really believe in atoms. I’ve never seen one.

Steerforth, CajunJ and 3-Chord-Genius like this.
  7. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

I don't mean to insult you, but prove ghosts exist.

You can't.

goonie likes this.
  8. Torren61

I already did. To me. When something, (a “ghost”?) sighed in my ear but no one was there.

Steerforth and 3-Chord-Genius like this.
  9. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It is equally hard to "prove" that they don't, which is why I don't really have any opinion one way or the other. But if I ever get sucked into my television set and wind up trapped in some parallel dimension, I will definitely update my thoughts on the matter in this thread.

drlucky likes this.
  10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

no

11. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

What people have seen and identified as ghosts are actually far worse. I'm only going to make this one comment on this thread, then I'm not coming back because if I elaborate any further than what I'm about to say here, I will get banned like I did the last time I commented on a similar subject (because a moderator considered it "religious").

Ghosts of dead people do not exist; however, demonic entities do, and they will take whatever form they choose. They are pure evil, even the ones that seem enticing or friendly. I have direct experience with this, and it's not something I want to ever experience again. Do not mess with this stuff. That's all I'm going to say. There is a lot more that I should say, but I don't feel like getting banned again.

lmjmitchell and black_doug like this.
  12. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

The subject of ghosts requires that we all stand back from the here and now, and suspend convention long enough to admit that there are things that haunt all of us.

The human mind isn't just composed of the gooey grey stuff in the top of our skulls that has blood pumping thru it, it's also that nonsensical flotsam and jetsam of emotion which is intertwined with our souls, our beliefs, and our own personal demons.

Ghosts may just as well be named baggage.
    The sad, twisted, fragments of memories and regrets and fears and ambitions that nibble at the edges of our subconscious.

Do I believe in ghosts?
    YES.
    As long as you are willing to open your mind up to that which ghosts might most likely be;
    Those niggling, odd, fearful sketches of regret and nostalgia and the angst of the melancholy mind.

:(

candle.jpg

drlucky and Torren61 like this.
  13. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

I love this stuff.

Not in the "I'm a believer/nonbeliever sense" but more so to experience the head space of others. I think it's interesting to read old "witch/ghost/posession" books written 150+ years ago often documented for serious historical purposes. To think the state used to send out historians just to bear witness and scribble the whole thing down, really fascinating stuff. Then you get into that other rabbit hole, creepy.

I used to love Coast to Coast AM. Art Bell was crazy, he'd interview a serious scientist and treat him with the exact same line of questioning and temperament as he would someone who has seen bigfoot 100 times.

"So, this instance of identifying Bigfoot, did he ever change in appearance over the course of your viewings..?"

"Well, uh, Art, in fact he did, you see...."

14. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Like my screen logo (or whatever that thing is called) says.....I don't believe in ghosts......but they seem to believe in me.
    Seriously.......

15. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

If they keep showing up uninvite just firmly buy politely say. " Go To Progression"

16. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

A whole lot of people believe in a whole lot of things they can’t prove. Are they all idiots?

Frodebro, drlucky, beagle and 4 others like this.
  17. Torren61

Oh, I missed this post. Classy. I’m curious about what things you believe.

drlucky, CajunJ, wacolo and 1 other person like this.
  18. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

Not sure if I do but we've had some strange happenings at our house.

A couple of years ago I was sitting in the family room watching the late hockey game when I heard 3 loud knocks on our patio door right behind me. My wife was upstairs and she heard it too. I jumped up and turned on the outside light but there was no one there and the motion sensor lights in our yard did not turn on. The next morning I went outside to see if there were any footprints in the snow but it was still perfect.

Recently, we've been hearing the odd "ping" sound coming from our living room. Probably started about 6 months ago. No one else in the house and my wife and I are usually together in the kitchen or family room. Probably hear it once or twice a week. When i checked it out, It appears that it is coming from a thin walled ceramic bowl that my wife bought earlier this year. It sounds like someone flicking their finger on the edge of the bowl. I flicked it with my finger and heard the exact same ping. No explanation why it would do this other than possible thermal expansion. However, temperature in my house only varies 1/2 degree from the thermostat setting.

Strange happenings for sure....

drlucky, jman72, Jakedog and 2 others like this.
  19. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

Do I believe in ghosts?

I believe that I don’t know everything, and neither does anyone else. Nor has anyone ever, in the history of the human species.

I’m reluctant to label the anomalous things that I’ve seen, or to attempt to offer an explanation for them.

All I can offer is, “I don’t know.”

I’m not going to condemn anyone who shares an unusual experience. They were there and I wasn’t. And I don’t know any more than they do. If it puzzled them, or freaked them out, it probably would have done the same to me if I’d been there with them.

Shakespeare got it right in, “The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark”.

“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

drlucky, nojazzhere, wacolo and 2 others like this.
  20. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

Yep. Never seen one but I don't believe the millions that profess to have seen one are all lying, tripping or drunk.
    There's things goin' on that we just can't explain or at times admit to.
    p.s. sorry for the preposition at the end :)

drlucky, wacolo, Jakedog and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.