1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Do you appreciate satire?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

It's good someone out there in the cruel world has your attitude. Since I'm pretty slow on the uptake, and not very worldly, my usual position in the satirical situation is that of being the butt of the joke. I often, maybe like 97.55% of the time fail to understand that I'm being misled on purpose. This is quite disconcerting to the one foisting said satire upon me. I feel badly for them, and usually want to dab a tissue on their eyes when they start crying. I draw the line at wiping their nose though. Anything occurring south of the belt line, they are for sure on their own. I don't do diapers child OR adult. No matter how funny it might be to someone else.

Teleguy61 likes this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You post made me think of our local news paper. The once mighty Bakersfield Californian! Large paper, and lots of it. A huge classified section, editorial pages deluxe where people from different institutions used to exchange ideas. Now it's printed in Lancaster California, and brought over to Bakersfield like a bit of bad potato left over from Scrooge's dinner. I saw one the other day, I thought it was a doily display at first, then I realized that tiny little thingy lying there was a newspaper! Oh what we have lost, traded for the smart phone that makes slaves of us all.

3. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I do not use sarcasm or satire when writing or speaking to belittle or attack a person's self worth. The reader or listener may not understand how language is being used
    as in the case of sarcasm but the listen/reader will not be an object of derision.
    There is a example:
    person A says :" yeah I heard you were really weird, you have strange perspective."
    In this case person A is putting person B down.
    person B responds by saying, "Yeah some people say that , if you knew how I was seeing things now you wouldn't be flattered."

Teleguy61 likes this.
  4. ping-ping-clicka

Rocky and Bullwinkle had things like Hushaboom a explosive that was silent
    Upsadasium a mineral that was lighter than air, so light it float the more you have the lighter it is,
    The Metal Munching Mice from Mars the were made of metal and ate metal and proceeded to eat all the t.v. antenas that they could munch and as the episode explains this the screen goes black and the audio stops momentarily, and then returns.

simoncroft likes this.
  5. ping-ping-clicka

yes, you're describing condescension and cruelty. bad, bad dog.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.