Do they put mustard on McDonald's burgers where you are?

urbandefault

Tele-Holic
The basic hamburger/cheeseburger gets mustard, ketchup, pickle, onion.

t-mcdonalds-Hamburger[1].jpg

Other sandwiches get different stuff, according to the recipe.

You might recognize this one: "Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun." :twisted:

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
Here is what I found on the McDonald's website: The original burger starts with a 100% pure beef patty seasoned with just a pinch of salt and pepper, then topped with a tangy pickle, chopped onions, ketchup and MUSTARD.

t-mcdonalds-Hamburger.jpg

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
In northern NJ, they do not. I think they do south of New Brunswick, which is in central Jersey. I believe it's a regional thing. So, do they put mustard on McDonald's burgers where you are or not?

Don’t think so..................hate the stuff but like McD’s. Only time I’ve ever knowingly ate and enjoyed it was when a mate’s wife fed me cheese on toast. I remarked (genuinely) on how good it was and was told the secret was a very thin spread of mustard under the cheese. If I’d known before I’d tasted it............

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
In Northern VA, yup!
Ketchup, Mustard, re-hydrated onions, pickles on regular burgers and cheeseburgers.

Note: I worked at McDonald's in College 1980 ( in PA, along with the other guitar player in our band!) and don't know if the ' sandwich dressing' rules have changed, but we were told:

"you cannot add EXTRA condiments to any sandwich, you can only take things off, i.e. ' no pickle,' ' no ketchup'

" you can not put a condiment on a sandwich that normally is NOT on it"
( like Special Sauce on a burger, or pickle on a McChicken"

Last edited:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Like everyone else here on TDPRI, I NEVER eat at McDonald's. (or at least since about two weeks ago) Around here, I'm "told" the small hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and Quarter Pounders get mustard and ketchup. Big Macs get a Thousand Island-like dressing.
Seriously though, every month or so, I'll get a Happy Meal with cheeseburger and fries. They're what all the cheap burger places built their reputations on. McDonalds, Jack-in-the-Box, Griffs, Mr Quick, Rockefellers, etc. ALL fast food restaurants were better quality when they focused on two or three items. When they expanded their menus, they all went straight down the tubes. Coincidence?.....I think not. ;)

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
In northern NJ, they do not. I think they do south of New Brunswick, which is in central Jersey. I believe it's a regional thing. So, do they put mustard on McDonald's burgers where you are or not?
When I was sixteen which is quite a few years ago we put a spot of mustard on everything except Big Macs. If they don’t where you are I am surprised.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
I quit McDonalds during the pink slime era but I remember their Homestyle burger was slathered with mustard.

urbandefault

Tele-Holic
I worked at McDonald's one summer about 45 years ago. Everything was measured, even the ketchup and mustard.

The K&M was in a divided funnel with a handle and a trigger. It would dispense the exact amount for each sandwich with one squeeze, perfect every time.

I enjoyed working the kitchen--caramelizing and dressing buns, doing fries, and occasionally working the grill, but as a n00b I usually ended up cleaning the dining room, restrooms, and parking lot.

MisterZ

Tele-Afflicted
I was a manager at a McDonald's in a former life. Unless they made different versions of the training videos and instructions for different parts of the country, hamburgers and cheeseburgers both got a squirt of mustard.

Chikubi

Tele-Meister
NW PA/NE Ohio. We get mustard on regular burgers and Quarter Pounders. Never ate anything else, so can’t comment on those.

LutherBurger

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't know about their small burgers (go big or go home, son :)), but the QP and 1/3lb burgers that I've eaten there do not.