Do People Say This Where You Live?

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
They sure do. It seems to be one of those "nice" statements that actually trivializes the idea it pretends to deliver. It's weird that it's stated as a command, and not "I hope the rest of your day goes well" which would be the correct way to express good wishes.

teletail

Friend of Leo's
You, like many others in this thread, have missed the very obvious point I was making. The sentiment behind what's being said is not troublesome to me at all and I always respond with a 'thank you, you too'. It's amazing the stuff people will read into what others have written and how quickly people are willing to portray someone as some sort of miserable, vile character. Have a wonderful day.
You can’t make me have a wonderful day!!! I’ll have a crappy day if I want.

3734C632-05A7-459A-9B15-6981E47CA405.jpeg

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
Of course those things are in the dictionary....people started using those words in that manner enough that they got included...that doesn't negate the stupidity of it simply because it's been documented or 'legitamized' by some authority. Plenty of stupid things gain legitamacy every day....some of those things are inconsequential (like the words you mention) and some only appear inconsequential but are in fact very problematic...it's the way of the world and at this moment in history we are struggling with the latter. Maybe one day you will learn to engage in a discussion and share your point of view without trying to belittle the person you are conversing with. Good luck with that.

Have a pleasant day and a safe tomorrow.
Wow, ok!

Those were your examples, not mine. I hope you have other things in your life more positive to do than judging other peoples' language use.

Peace out, bro.

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
Wow, ok!

Those were your examples, not mine. I hope you have other things in your life more positive to do than judging other peoples' language use.

Peace out, bro.

No, I only have this one thing and it fills me with sufficient feelings of negativity and ill will that I can't take on anything else.

Peace.