Do Not Try To Soak Up Spilled CA Glue With A Microfiber Cloth!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Mar 10, 2019.

1. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Meister

I use CA a lot in my guitar shop, and yes, it does generate heat when applied on some materials or when hit with an accelerator. I use it to reglue braces and cleats inside guitars when I can't find a way to clamp it. You dampen the area with a small sponge, and it will set in seconds. Here's a helpful tip when working with CA inside any tight, enclosed space like an acoustic guitar.... Wear rubber gloves. Ask me how I know. Imagine being elbow deep inside a guitar body with your fingers super-glued securely inside.

2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

No but I will. I just wanted to get the little spray bottle the stuff came with, when it’s empty I am making my own

3. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Put it over flame and leave it until no more smoke comes out of the holes. Voila

4. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

That could be the basis for a good prank.
    A nasty, evil, dangerous prank of course...

5. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

My inner pyro over took my consciousness and compelled me to put a big drop of CA on a big pile of baking soda........ DONT!, JUST DONT!!!

Boubou likes this.
  6. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The greatest revelation of the beauty of Super Glue (CA) came to me when "free" pianos became a thing. With a $20 bottle of CA and a small drill bit you can tighten every tuning pin on an old piano in a few hours. I've done three old pianos this way and it just works! CA expands a little like Gorilla glue and creates pressure in the wood fibers to really bite. You're not gluing the pins in place, just swelling the wood. Have also "repaired" a cracked soundboard. Ugly repair but sonically successful.

You can also close up a pretty bad flesh wound...how did we ever get by without this stuff?

LeftFinger likes this.
  7. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

A couple of years ago I had surgery to repair a hernia. It needed a 4 inch incision and afterwards the edges were simply held together and covered in super glue. No external stitches at all.

william tele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.