*Do Not* Fall Asleep While Getting a Tattoo

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ScatMan, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Sage advice..

2. Jackson Jackson

Jackson Jackson Friend of Leo's

I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's lying through her ever blessed teeth.

Dad flipped out and she's trying to make an excuse. She posed in the artist's shop book when she was done with the session!!!

3. mudbean

mudbean Friend of Leo's

Now, I don't have a tattoo (I'm chicken), but from what I've been told by my buds who have plenty, is that it's not something you FALL ASLEEP during the application of.

mud

4. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Agreed..to Mr. Jackson's comment.

5. Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly Former Member

Didn't have a problem till her dad found out, eh?

Figures...

6. dale_c

dale_c Tele-Meister

I am pretty certain that it's not possible to fall asleep while getting a tattoo, especially on one's face. Might have had better luck saying she was abducted by a gang of viscous tattoo artists and this is what they did to her.

7. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JimmyJam

JimmyJam Tele-Afflicted

I heard about this at work today. This gal ain't foolin' anyone.
    Even to remove them would scar her a great deal.

Alamo,
    Those are hilarious.

9. Jackson Jackson

Jackson Jackson Friend of Leo's

Freakin' CLASSIC!!!!

LOL!!!

10. bandeapart

bandeapart Tele-Meister

Actually, I'm tattooed and yes, it is possible to fall asleep during it - depending on the location. I nearly fell asleep when having my inside fore arm done, it just got a bit numb and I was passing out... I definitely woke up as it got higher up towards the bend in my arm - ouch!

11. tuuur

tuuur Friend of Leo's

12. F6_FullMelt

F6_FullMelt Tele-Holic

Yes, it is possible. I fell asleep during the inside of my upper arm. Got a nap and one of my favorites.

My artist had no tattoos for the first few years I knew him - always said he was waiting for the perfect one and would never do anything he thought someone might regret. He said if they wanted it that badly, someone else would do it. He got his first tattoo last year.

13. Hellbilly Mike

Hellbilly Mike Tele-Meister

Man I see it on a daily basis, stupid people doin' stupid things. Yeah she is full of crap. I have had people nod off, not deep asleep, but these are primarily my personal friends or long time clients (a trust has been developed). I would have to say that if she fell asleep, while gettin' her face tattooed, it was with the help of narcotic's. Myself as an artist, and by the regs in my state, the person being tattooed, and I would hope the artist also, need to be conscious during the tattoo. If I don't know the person personally I will wake them up. Daddy got mad, and the artist is gettin' blamed. You are no longer responsible for your actions this day and age, you can always blame someone else.

14. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

As far as bad decision tattoos go, I don't think this looks all that bad.

15. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

What I have always heard about tatoos, a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. Wonder when the girl will fess up that she actually thought that a good idea at the time?

BTW, when your artist makes Queequeg look conservative,
    [​IMG]
    maybe you have someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word "excess", and YOU are the one who must stay awake and say "stop now please".

Just saying:rolleyes:

16. pengipete

pengipete Friend of Leo's

She forgot to mention that she fell asleep on one of these.

[​IMG]

All she needs is a good wash.

17. Tdub

Tdub Friend of Leo's

18. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

I've dozed off while being tattooed. Actually it was while I was getting Buck Owens on my back - it happens! I DID NOT fall asleep or doze off in the LEAST when I was getting the inside of MY right fore arm done, boys...you guys are tough. My eyes were filled up with tears that entire session. Especially the bend. How could you fall asleep during that?!

And this girl? She's a liar. And I'm not normally one to point out someone elses flaws...but girl is a liar ;-)

19. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

I'm gonna give this poor girl a pass..but not because of the grief she (and her parents) are giving the tattoo artist. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong! The artist is just doing his thing and trying to make a living...

..but remember when we were young?; when we thought there weren't any consequences for what we did and we were indestructible?

This girl didn't have to go through a life or death situation to realize the consequences of her choices, but she did (at a young age) come face to face with what it means to have to live with her choices..

We all have our regrets..if we're lucky, we get to grow older before we realize them.. :)

20. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

If you are going to say "screw the straight world" and then start denying culpability for your actions, you are in trouble 'cause you will get called out quick..I like facial and hand and funky tattoos , but this girl's future is not in the stars..."and tonite, chrystal is on the 2nd stage"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.