1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Do Jags/JMs fit in generic (Strat-style) gig bag?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Thoughtfree, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Thoughtfree

Thoughtfree Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Probably an old question, but I have not found a definitive answer. Do Fender Jaguars and/or Jazzmasters fit into a generic (Strat) gig bag? Thanks!

2. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jags yes, Jazzmasters, not always.

Steve Holt likes this.
  3. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

I've carried a Jazzmaster in a Fender Tele gig bag for years. It's a snug fit up top, but no problems. I've heard they fit in some hard cases too... but not all.

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yup.
    Jags are a little shorter, JM’s a little longer.
    Both fit.

5. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My JM's head sticks out my Road Runner gig bag just a bit. Perhaps I could stretch the bag over the head and force the zipper closed, but for the limited transpiration I do I'd rather have the head stick out a little than put that extra pressure on the guitar or risk damaging the bag.

richiek65 likes this.
  6. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

In many cases no, if the bag is designed for Strat or Tele.

JMs and Jags both wider than Strats/Teles and JMs are a bit long... Anything snug like the heavily padded ones won’t close. I end up putting mine in a bass bag.

Some generic bags designed for a range of guitars will fit, but it’s not a dead cert. Follow the dimensions. Or, go for Fender’s own JM/Jag bag or one of the specific recommendations from the posters above if you want to be sure.

7. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

The G&G case for my G&L Doheny (Jazzmaster body) is significantly longer than the TSA style case I had for my Tele. Like long enough the Doheny in its case doesn't fit horizontally across the trunk of my car whereas the Tele in the TSA case did fit easily. This is not because the G&G case has more space around the guitar either.. if anything I think the TSA style case had more extra space.

Jazzmasters might squeeze into come gig bags but I'm going to guess those either aren't very protective bags or they're just exceptionally loose with a Tele or Strat in them or aren't really a Tele/Strat specific bag.

Matthias likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.