Do any of you watch the Masters golf tournament?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Apr 9, 2019.

1. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

finally an enjoyable finish..I hope Tiger wins & goes on another 10 year winning binge...

Shuster and Sounds Good like this.
  2. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

YES

3. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Congratulations Tiger :)

Shuster, Sounds Good and bftfender like this.
  4. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I watched from about the 12th hole and it was something to witness. I’m. I’m not a huge Tiger fan, but you have to be happy for a guy who preserved for so long through so much to finally get it done like that. Be interesting to see if he has a late career resurgence and still manages to make a run at Nicklaus’s record or if this was one last moment of glory like Nicklaus in ‘86. Either way, very cool to see...

Sounds Good likes this.
  5. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Holic

Well Done!! To Tiger from me as well was great to watch as well.

Shuster likes this.
  6. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

Haven't watched golf in years (as mentioned earlier), but I did watch about 6 holes of the masters closing today and enjoyed it. Ready to not see tiger win for quite some time in 2009 (or really more accurately, just ready to see other guys win - I don't generally root against people).

And ready now to see him win again, so it was a good first tournament to see again.

Would've liked to have seen DJ or Koepka win, too. Or Molinari - he seemed pretty classy in his post round interview yesterday. Really, the whole group of leaders seemed likable.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The pga the Masters committee, Nike, Taylormade, and the USGA were All pulling for a Tiger win. They can all breathe again!!!

Shuster likes this.
  8. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

You have to hand it to Tiger Woods. I know the golf dorks hated that he won, but...too bad!

Toto'sDad and fendertx like this.
  9. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Bravo Tiger!! So damn glad to see him back where he belongs!! Winning!

Junkyard Dog likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Tiger only has a few more wins left in him. He is at an age where if he gets close he has to close the deal. The younger players will have their day, or at least some of them will.

Tiger already had his place in history, today he cemented it in place!

INFANT likes this.
  11. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

So I finally watched nearly every minute of the last round. Great Masters and while I got a bit tired of the Tiger attention, from the announcers he sure as Hell did win it. One of the best final rounds I’ve seen in many years of watching.

fendertx and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dustin Johnson sounded pretty aggravated with Tiger for stealing the show. Talking about his red turtleneck shirt. They have to hate Tiger for getting all the attention but he also brings the fans back which means more money for everyone.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

I thought this was the best Masters from day one until the finish I've ever seen. I'm very happy Tiger won. I hope he can win some more. His back is a ticking time bomb, I hope it holds up as long as he wants to play. It was cool watching him pick up his little boy Charlie and hug him, then all the rest of his family. I thought the other players were quite gracious in their congratulations to him too.

Stubee likes this.
  14. Toto'sDad

I didn't catch that, but hey I thought Tiger's shirt was cool. I have a friend of mine from my working days that wears those kind of shirts everywhere. He can afford anything he wants, and that's what he chooses to wear. They might come off a little less stylish if you were sporting a big beer gut, and had a touch of tobacco juice running down your chin.

15. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I didn't see Johnson's comments that way. He was disappointed in his own finish, but I thought he spoke very respectfully about Tiger's winning.

I was glad to see Tiger win, but I felt badly for Molinari, who fell apart on the last few holes--put two balls in the water--after leading the pack for so long. He was very gracious too in the interview after the round.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. Toto'sDad

It really didn't sound like Dustin the part about him carping on Tiger. What I saw was a bunch of fellow pga golfers congratulating and hugging Tiger and offering their sincere best wishes. When Dustin Johnson wakes up in the morning in his big old king sized bed, looks over at his lovely mate, and thinks about what he's going to do today, I'd almost bet griping about Tiger doesn't immediately come to mind.

Stubee likes this.
  17. Toto'sDad

While I was on the golf course this morning one of the guys kept a running commentary on the tournament which he had live streaming on his phone. I told him if Tiger birded 16 he had the tournament. That's what he did, and he did win. I had such a great time today, had breakfast with my old buddy, then met his two son-in-laws, and we played on a perfect day. No hold ups, the round went smoothly, and it was so cool for us all to be together again after all these years. The son in laws are in their 50s , my buddy is 70, I'm 75, we all played from the same tees and I had the low score for the day! I felt like Tiger!!!

Stubee, Chip, Chud and 3 others like this.
  18. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm a confirmed non-golfer but I watched the last hour today. Fun to see TW win with all the drama he's been through.

I did play a gig there once.

P Thought likes this.
  19. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

This seems to be the go to move for broadcasters now. Grab onto a story line and beat it into the ground.
    The same thing happens with Tom Brady for example. The 40 year old that continues to win Super Bowls. We get that what Tom is doing is amazing, but there are others on the field as well.

It distracts from the competition, which in this Masters was superb.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  20. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs..."

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.