Do any builders here buy 'luthier lots'?

paulblackford

Tele-Afflicted
I'm parting with my stuff, and just wondering how best to do it. For instance, I have bunches of switch tips, Gibson-style speed knobs, instrument screws etc... Do builders buy 'lots' of these things for future builds, or do you usually buy individually for single use purposes?

DrNickD

TDPRI Member
I'd buy something like that off Reverb if the seller included some specifics in the description and it matched something I need.

printer2

Poster Extraordinaire
Bought four sets of nylon tuners and eight to twelve (I can't remember and too lazy to go down and look) SS sets. Tops for acoustics, I bought 30 sets once, thought I was done buying them but a deal came around and I bought a bunch, then a bunch more. My problem is stopping at the lumber yard and finding some wood that is guitar worthy and I buy it. I really should only have bought half the wood I have.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I don't build enough to justify having large amounts of parts but, if I did, I'd certainly be interested in buying large lots of parts. I have other hobbies where I've collected parts. I've got tons of Harley parts for example, way more than I'll ever need. I'd say list em out there for a resonable price and I'm sure someone will snatch em up! Good luck!