DIY Warmoth Jazzcaster HS in Daphne Blue

emptyminded42

TDPRI Member
Not much of an update - I installed some vintage-style non-locking tuners from GuitarFetish (6-on-a-plate) which look good and were super easy to put on.

Still waiting for a status update from Warmoth on the body...

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
Not much of an update - I installed some vintage-style non-locking tuners from GuitarFetish (6-on-a-plate) which look good and were super easy to put on.

Still waiting for a status update from Warmoth on the body...

18 to 20 weeks is killer. That's the lead time I used to get for hydraulic pumps at work (now it's 33-50 weeks).

It's crazy that they're so far out for a block of wood with routes and paint.

emptyminded42

TDPRI Member
18 to 20 weeks is killer. That's the lead time I used to get for hydraulic pumps at work (now it's 33-50 weeks).

It's crazy that they're so far out for a block of wood with routes and paint.

Yeah, it sucks. They confirmed it’s still 18-20 weeks and I’m 10 weeks in so halfway there… should get it around Thanksgiving.

What’s so frustrating is they already have the body. They just have to overrout the neck pickup for a humbucker and paint it. I suspect their paint shop is what’s so backed up - they killed off their competition stripe option just before I placed my order because they were getting too far behind. I’m really bummed about no racing stripe since I love it on my Cyclone and thought it would help break up the big slab of the Jazzmaster body a bit since it has a Tele bridge and not the trem that most Jazzmasters do.

Maybe I’ll just do it with vinyl after I get it built.