1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ditto Looper

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Middleman, May 15, 2013.

1. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

I have bought, tried and returned various loopers over the last couple of weeks; Jamman, Jamman Solo, Boss RC-300 and tried some others in the store. Tonight I picked up the Ditto and this one is a keeper. It's responsive, easy to use, can hold a couple of songs or 5 minutes of ideas. The best part, the recorded parts sound almost exactly like the original, not compressed, no high end roll off or phasing like many most of the others I have tried. It's also has a very small footprint on the pedal board. Downside is no batteries for those without a power supply.

Highly recommended for working out song parts and just jamming. I have to say I love the size of these newer pedals that use the slim format like the EP Booster and the Ditto. You can cut your pedal board size in half.

Just thought I would share.

2. brucefan12

brucefan12 Tele-Meister

Awesome and glad to hear you are digging the ditto! Just got mine in the mail today!! Awaiting some new George L's to wire it up to my board! Can't wait to test it out though!!

3. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Having lots of fun with mine.

4. buckfuzzard

buckfuzzard Tele-Meister

Ditto on the Ditto. Love mine

5. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

I got one not long ago and really like it for the same reasons the OP stated. I wanted something very simple to throw a chord progression on and solo over. I also think I'll have some silly fun trying to recreate some famous songs like this...

6. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I like the simplicity idea but am not sure I'd want to be without some features I have with my full-sized model. There are times when I am glad I've saved a loop to the unit I have.

The new JamMan Express XT looks like it's worth keeping an eye on because of the battery power and sync feature. I don't see signs of this in stores yet.

It's not often but a battery powered stomp box can be nice. I feel I'm a better guest if I'm not dragging much stuff along to a jam as an example, and sometimes I enjoy my battery powered amp.

No battery will make the Ditto winner for being cute no matter what.

7. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

As soon as I can save up some money I'd love to get the Ditto- I've recently started playing some steady solo acoustic gigs, and this seems like it would be perfect for just using here and there to record rhythm parts on the fly, so I can solo...

8. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

I just picked one up yesterday and gave it a test run for a few hours last night. Lots of fun, simple to operate and when I play back a loop it sounds like the original sound, no coloration at all. I've got nothing to compare it to as it's the first looper I've ever tried but so far I'm pleased with it. I'm amazed such a tiny little device can do what it does, I want to take a peek inside and see what it looks like.

9. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

That is the litmus test in my mind. Many sound like a weak recording or muffled representation. The ditto sounds very close to the original and with the volume control it actually sounds like two or more live guitarists.

10. Rhythm Thief

Rhythm Thief Tele-Holic

I've just ordered one on the strength of this thread. If I only ever use it for practising solos at home on my own it'll be worth it.

11. Lowbassnotes

Just got done with a 3-4 hour session fooling around with the thing and so far my conclusion is it's like a having a clone of you on tap. I recorded a psych rock tune and a original surf tune I do, both with a guitar track and 2 overdubs on top. Playback through the same amp seemed very accurate to my ears, fuzz pedals even sounded like the original track. So far I'm impressed.

12. Good Iron

Good Iron Poster Extraordinaire

yep it's a good looper, tc electronic has really raised their game on their lower end (or should I say priced) product. top notch

13. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

Yeah, me too. About a year ago (or so) I got a used JamMan (the original one) and I use it all the time for practice. I have at least fifty loops stored on it that I use all the time to practice my soloing, especially over songs with "tricky" chord progressions. I love the way you can record different parts (e.g. verse, chorus, bridge, etc.) and switch between them with your foot, and once I've spent ten or fifteen minutes trying to lay down a backing track for a song with a long chord progression (e.g. "Russian Lullaby" or "Sugaree), I'm glad that I can save it so I don't have to do it all over again the next time I want to practice that song.

I could see the Ditto being good for a live situation where you just need to create a loop on the fly, but for practicing, the ability to save and switch between loops makes a world of difference to me. Still, kudos to TC for what looks like a great pedal.

14. Cooper Black

Cooper Black Tele-Afflicted

I use a Jamman Stereo and suffered phasing issues and poor audio quality until I hooked it up in stereo using a mixer's send/return. Works great for me in this set-up, but for someone who just wants a looper in-line with other effects, the Ditto sounds like the simple solution.

15. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

this is something i'd use my computer w/reaper for.

i like the looks of the ditto. several years ago when i was looking at buying a looper i wondered why someone didn't make such a device. glad to see they finally are, now... and also am satisfied with my looper.. a boomerang3. its the 3rd looper i've owned and i think its great. i don't have a need to store loops for playback later. that is what a computer is for in my opinion.

it is certainly nice to have all these technology options available to us today.

16. Lowbassnotes

In order to save the keepers I'm sticking a mic in front of the amp and bumping them onto garage band so at least I have a copy of them. Requires a bit more effort but seeming to work OK.

17. RubyRae

RubyRae Friend of Leo's

Ya, I'm thinking I need the Ditto. The looper on my tc alter ego is only 45 seconds, and you can't kick on other effects without the whole loop changing. Plus you can't use the delay while using the looper...

Ditto is a simple effective solution to most looper user needs.

18. eugenedunn

eugenedunn Friend of Leo's

I was thinking in performance, it might be groovy to have 2 Dittos in-line, or possibly on an A-B-Y switch? That way, you could have one dedicated to rhythms and other percussion-y stuff....the other for your guitar-isms.....

Does anybody else do multiple loopers....or do you tend to just overlay everything on one device?

I was checking into using either a Lehle Little Dual or a Lehle Dual for something like that.
    Comments?

19. fly135

fly135 Tele-Holic

Multiple unsynced loopers would be a mess. Digitech is coming out with a $100 looper that allows syncing multiples.

20. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

actually, multiple unsynced loops is quite interesting. the boomerang3 will do it. it will also do multi synced loops.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.